Selections and comments by Travis McCurdy, Northwood Assistant Athletic Director for Communications
Dave Turner has had the Northwood golf teams among the best in the GLIAC and the Midwest Region throughout his career. Many of the best players in his tenure have come in the last 10 years!
(NOTE - this team is in alphabetical order)
Austin Deiters (2017-20)
- Has a career scoring average of 74.6, the lowest for any player this decade
- Named Second Team All-GLIAC in 2019
- Shot a school-record tying 66 on two separate occasions
- Shot 12 rounds of par or better in career, the most for any player this decade
Austin has been consistently at the top of the Northwood lineup. His individual win percentage of .724 for his career is one of the best in the history of the program. He's in position to have a big finish to his career in the spring of 2020.
Cameron Lippoldt (2015-20)
- Has a career scoring average of 75.98, good for fourth among all players this decade
- Claimed the individual title a two different tournaments in career
- Qualified for the 2017 U.S. Amateur Championship
Cam has been unlucky with injuries in his career. When is is playing well, he may be the best player in school history. Currently halfway through his senior season, Cam has the lowest season scoring average in school history (72.3)
Paul Ostby (2014-16)
- Named First Team All-GLIAC in 2016
- Had four top-five finishes and seven top-10 finishes in 19 career events
- Career scoring average of 75.1 is the second-lowest of the decade
Paul is one of the most consistent players in program history, averaging 75.2 and 75.1 in his two seasons at Northwood. He was the top player on the 2015-16 team that reached the NCAA Super Regionals.
Jagger Richard (2015-20)
- Named First Team All-GLIAC in 2019
- Was an individual qualifier for the NCAA Super Regional Championship in 2019
- Set the Northwood school record for scoring average in a season in 2019 (73.9)
- Career scoring average of 75.8 is the third best this decade
- Co-holder of the school record for lowest round in school history (66)
Jagger can go as low as any Northwood men's golfer ever thanks to his ability to make birdies in bunches. He'll be a big part of the team this spring.
Kory Roberts (2015-17)
- Earned First Team All-GLIAC honors in 2016
- Named the Northwood Newcomer of the Year in 2016
- Averaged 75.7 in the 2015-16 season
- His individual winning percentage of .792 in the 2015-16 season is the second best for any player this decade
Kory was a top of the lineup player for Northwood from his first tournament as a Timberwolf. He was the second player this decade to earn First Team All-GLIAC honors in 2016. One of the best ball strikers in recent memory.