MIS STUDENT RECOGNITION
Gotcha Prize Winners: We would like to recognize the following students for exhibiting great character throughout the week. They were selected as our "Gotcha" prize winners this week:
Evelyn S., Kaylee M., Abbey M., Lillian P., & Elly F.
MIS students are spreading kindness and positivity through being a Bucket Filler. What have you done today to fill someone’s “bucket?” #bucketfiller #kindnessmatters #Proud2bMIS
weekly school News
1. Martin Luther King Jr. Day - School WILL NOT be in session Monday, January 20th in observance of MLK JR. Day. We will see everybody Tuesday morning.
2. #thankfulThursday: The office staff would like your help in recognizing our staff. Please take a few moments and use the link below to provide some encouragement to those folks that are making a major difference in your child's future. These comments can be anonymous, or you can provide your name. The office staff will use the provided comments every Thursday for our #thankfulThursday movement. The attached form can be completed, as little or often as you like, throughout the entire school year. We appreciate your support in growing the culture of gratitude that already exists at MIS!!
A couple of positive comments already submitted:
"Mrs. Jones is very patient with her students. She is kind and caring; however, she holds them accountable. We appreciate her efforts to help students grow every day!"
"Mrs. Tilley is always available to respond to parent questions. Her patience and positive attitude help put me and my student at ease!"
3. 6th Grade Choir Reminder:
Rehearsal Dates: January 22nd and 30th; February 3rd, 13th, 20th and 26th.
All rehearsals are from 2:15 - 3:15.
4. 2019-20 Yearbook Information: The Maxwell Intermediate School yearbook is now on sale! Cost for the yearbook is $18 (personalization can also be added for an additional fee). To order online, go to ybpay.lifetouch.com and use the code 10768420. Please be sure to order your book by the deadline: March 13th, 2020. Just enough books are ordered to cover the request submitted and extras are not guaranteed. Don’t miss out on your child’s memories.
If you have any question, please reach out to Mrs. Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Schoolstore.com: Our school will be participating in the SchoolStore program this year. This online program helps our school earn cash without students selling door-to-door, collecting money or delivering products. Over 400 merchants, including Target and WalMart.com, have joined together to offer up to 50% of sales to our school for shopping through SchoolStore.com.
You shop online for what you are planning to purchase anyway and support our school. Simply go to www.schoolstore.com, select our school (School code: 8981) and let the shopping begin!! Feel free to share with family members and friends.
6. School Safety: A critical ingredient in the safe school recipe is the classroom response to an incident at school. Weather events, fire, accidents, intruders and other threats to student safety are scenarios that are planned and trained for by students, teachers, staff and administration.
Standard Response Protocol: Our school has expanded the safety program to include the Standard Response Protocol - Extended (SRPx). The SRPx is based on these five actions: Lockout, Lockdown, Evacuate, Shelter and Hold.
Please take a moment to review these actions. More information regarding this topic can be found at http://iloveuguys.org
7. Safe School Alert: SafeSchools Alert is our district's tip reporting service. If you have information about a threat to our safety, do your part and report it. Please remember, you can remain anonymous. Should you have a need to report an issue, please click on the link below for details on how to do so.
8. School Dismissal Manager (CLICK FOR INSTRUCTIONS):
Maxwell Intermediate School utilizes the School Dismissal Manager program or app to safely manage transportation arrangements for our students at the end of the day. Parents may also report absences or schedule early dismissal for appointments. We are fully using SDM at this time. Any change you need to make to your child's after school transportation should be done through this prior to 1:00pm. If you have any questions regarding this program, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (317)326-3121.
KEEPING UP WITH THE LATEST AT MIS