The Program's Purpose
The White House Internship Program provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and build leadership skills. This hands-on program is designed to mentor and cultivate today’s young leaders, strengthen their understanding of the Executive Office, and prepare them for future public service opportunities.
What will you do as an Intern?
- Become part of the White House team.
- The assignments given to an intern on any given day could include: conducting research, managing incoming inquiries, attending meetings, writing memos, and staffing events.
- Meet with various White House officials and staff members.
- All interns are united through weekly events, including a speaker series and small group meetings exploring different policy aspects within the Executive Office of the President.
- Meet with President Donald J. Trump.
- Most importantly, the internship experience emphasizes community, and interns participate in service projects at schools and non-profit organizations in Washington, D.C.
Possible Departments to Intern with:
- Cabinet Affairs
- Domestic Policy Council
- National Economic Council
- Legislative Affairs
- First Lady
- Vice President
- Many More!