We're still in the teaching of how we "get new volunteers to join us".
First, start by reading the text
We'll learn more today.
This story is all about recruiting people. In this case, Jesus' first disciples...who were John the baptist's disciples!
Here are a few reasons why we "recruit" people
- We believe in our cause: explain why you serve in your ministry environment (M.E.) There is no greater call.
- Quote the Word on this one "My God will meet all your needs." Philippians 4:19
- Everybody has God-given talents that should be used for the glory of His grace (1 Peter 4:10)
- We all need to be mobilized for building the Church
- I want, you want, everyone to be blessed in giving (Galatians 6:7-10)
- You love serving with people!
Here are some images of what every single one of us are.
- Ambassador: representing our ministry and our teammates
- Fishing line: we throw our line, trying to catch one person, and somebody will bite at our offer of serving!
- Fishing net: we throw our nets to many, and many will join us! Talk to a few people at a time.
- Promoter: you make you environment known (VO, foyer, Small group, Grow, everywhere!). You're selling the idea of serving with the best team...and everyone knows, YOUR team is THE absolute best.
- Scuba diver: you're digging deep to find some pearls, you prospect people in order to find a diamond lying there, not doing much! It is how you discover gifts in people
- Talker: Yup, you talk to people! You invite them in, you ask them to join you
Here's a few thing that you DON't ever do!