WHEN YOU CAN'T PUT TOGETHER THE BAND…
Sinfonia is the premier orchestra enhancement solution, used by thousands of professionals and amateurs alike. Why Sinfonia?
- Real-time performance control. Sinfonia follows the conductor, performers, and stage action - not the other way around. Play at any tempo. Modify it on the fly. Let your show breathe.
- Sinfonia fills in the gaps. Got eight live musicians? Four? Zero? Mute the parts covered live and have Sinfonia fill in the rest.
- Unlimited editing: add vamps, cut repeats, transpose, you name it! And it's all completely within your power throughout your rehearsals and performances.
- Professional mixing. Each instrument in the orchestra is on an isolated channel, which can then be manipulated and treated independently. Boost the strings. Lower the bassoon. Send the timpani to a separate speaker. It's all possible.
- And that's just the tip of the iceberg!
IS SINFONIA A RECORDING/CLICK TRACK?
No, it isn't. A recording is inherently locked down. You press play, and the rest of the performers must follow along to it, no matter what. Plus, while a certain amount of simple editing can happen offsite, you (a) have to wait for your vendor to do it and then get you a new file, oftentimes at additional cost; and (b) you quickly reach limits before audio artifacts enter into the sound.
With Sinfonia, we take a different approach. We still use recorded audio of actual professional, live musicians. But the orchestral sound is broken down instrument-by-instrument, note-by-note, articulation-by-articulation, for highly granular control over every detail. This gives far more power and flexibility, to make the show your own and keep to the spirit of live performance.
The difference becomes very apparent anytime you perform music with a lot of expression. And let's face it: what show doesn't have big expression? Push and pull times when a singer should be able to milk the moment?
Stop! Wait! What?!
There have been tens of thousands of Sinfonia performances, with clients ranging from Cameron Mackintosh, to Cirque du Soleil, to amateur theatres and schools on six continents. But don't take our word for it. The best way to get a sense of what the resource can do is to test it yourself with our free trial. You can download A GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE TO LOVE AND MURDER (or any title in our catalog) and see/hear how it works under your unique conditions, with your sound equipment, in your theatre, along with your musicians, if you want. The free trial is fully functional and gives access to the first portion of the show. You can then place an official order from within the trial. We'll send you a price quote first, so there are no surprises. And if you need help getting started or making it sound great, we're just a phone call or email away. We want you to have a fantastic experience with our products, even before you buy.