Philippines By Joshua and Eric

Philippines is located in Southeast Asian in the western pacific ocean.

CULTURE

There are 175 estimated languages spoken in the Philippines. Almost all are classified as Malayo Polynesian languages. Among those languages, there are 13 indigenous languages with nearly 1 million speakers. For more than three centuries Spanish was the official language. This was when the Spanish colonial rule took place. It was spoken by 60% of the population as either a first, second or third language in the early 20th century. Today the top two languages are Tagalog and English. When the Philippines are at war the red is on top of the flag instead of the blue.

RELIGION

The majority of Filipino people practice the Christian religion. Spain highly influenced the people to the extent that the Philippines became one of the two predominantly Christian nations in the Asia Pacific, the other being East Timor. Christianity is the religion of about 80% of the Philippine population while the other 20% contains of Islamic and other religions.

History

The Republic of the Philippines was named to honor King Philip II of Spain in 1543. Filipinos are originally from the southern part of Asia. People from countries like China, India, the United States and Spain married Filipinos resulting in a great deal of stock blending.

That lake is one of many amazing lakes in the Philippins.

There are thousands of lakes just like these through out the entire 7,000 islands.

Weather

Hot

Weather: Average Hottest Temperature: 30 degrees Celsius or 85 degrees Fahrenheit.

Cold

The Average coldest temperature: 26 degrees celsius or 78 degrees fahrenheit

Food

Meats

The most conman meat in the Philippines are

#1 CHICKEN ADOBO: the famous Filipino dish.

#2 BALUT: duck embryo street food snack.

#3 KARE KARE: oxtail stew.

#4 KINILAW: raw fish salad.

#5 SINIGANG: sour meat stew.

#6 PAKSIW NA LECHON: suckling pig prizes.

#7 TAPSILOG: a cured beef based breakfast.

Desserts

here are the top Filipino desserts

1. puto- is a steamed cake

2. leche flan- is milk flan

3. cassava cake- a popular cake made from cassava

4. Taisan- is a chiffon cake

5. cathedral window jelly dessert- a jello cake with bright color

Music and Art

Here are some of the many famous Filipino artists for music

1. Mayonnaise

2. Toni Gonzaga

3. Bruno Mars

4. Jerika Teodorico

5. Flying Ipis

6. Elise Estrada

Now here are some of there famous artists

1. Francis Magalona

2. Manolito Tolentino Mayo

3. José Rizal

4. Luis Eduardo Aute

5. Michael Gleissner

6. Juan Luna

Animals

The Philippines has a wide variety of animals from birds the aquatic life.

Here are some of the birds

Philippine Eagle. .

Palawan Peacock Pheasant.

Philippine Cockatoo. .

Steere's Pitta. .

Rufous Hornbill.

Spotted Wood Kingfisher.

Bukidnon Woodcock.

Apo Myna.

fish

big eye snapper

moonfish

dolphinefish also known as mahi-mahi

salmon catfish

crimson snapper

sword fish, sailfish, blue marlin

red snapper

Land animals

Asian elephant.

Dugong.

Common treeshrew.

Crab-eating macaque.

Polynesian rat.

Asian house shrew.

Giant golden-crowned flying fox

IB SCHOOLS

there are 17 IB schools in the Philippines

This presentation was made by

Joshua Gleberman

and

Eric Mcdaniel

AND FUTURE ERIC

souces

buzzfeed.com

images.google.com

wikipidea.com

Credits:

Created with images by Free Grunge Textures - www.freestock.ca - "Philippines Grunge Flag" • blondinrikard - "Cross" • Wonderlane - "Rococo-style stone house in Guadalajara Mexico" • Squeezyboy - "Candoni Market" • joyosity - "Cassava heavy cake"

Made with Adobe Slate

Make your words and images move.

Get Slate

Report Abuse

If you feel that this video content violates the Adobe Terms of Use, you may report this content by filling out this quick form.

To report a Copyright Violation, please follow Section 17 in the Terms of Use.