The Crenshaw Chamber of Commerce is pleased to invite you to join us for an exciting week of exploration in Havana on November 11 - 17, 2020. We will participate in a specially curated tour of the sights, sounds, art and experiences of the island of Cuba. The city’s fabulous culture is enriched by the exciting music, dance, art, architecture, history, and foodie scene that have made it a visitor’s paradise. We will also focus on Cuba’s growing private sector and strong entrepreneurial spirit as we learn about the growing business opportunities there.
Our good friends James Burks and Adolfo Nodal get us behind-the-scenes with a spectacular itinerary and their fabulous connections in Havana. We'll visit small businesses, community organizations, artist studios, hear live music, enjoy the best restaurants and get to know the unique city of Havana at its best. We hope you’ll share in one of the world’s most unique travel experiences by joining this thought-provoking tour.
Double occupancy: $2,831 (per person)
Single occupancy: $3,120
Spots will be given on a first-come-first serve basis. We encourage you to sign up while there is still availability.
PAYMENT SCHEDULE: Sign ups with paid deposits are due to Project Por Amor by August 10, 2020. There are limited spots left which are given on a first-come-first-serve basis.
For more information on any aspect of this trip, please contact Sage Lewis at Project Por Amor by telephone: 310-961-1574 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal Travel to Cuba
We have designed this trip so that it is compliant with the latest (June 6th, 2019) travel restrictions to Cuba. Our trip fully adheres to the US Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) §515.574 General License for Support for the Cuban People and §515.564 General License for Professional Research categories of legal travel to Cuba. Each traveler agrees to engage in a full-time schedule of activities that result in meaningful interaction with individuals and professionals in Cuba, enhance contact with the Cuban people, and support civil society in Cuba. Staying in US approved hotels or Cuban Casas Particulares, eating at privately owned Cuban restaurants (paladares), shopping at privately owned stores run by self-employed Cubans (cuentapropistas), exchanging with Cuban artists, and engaging in our cultural program that provide renewal for the Cuban people are an important part of this program.
Program Price Includes:
- Cuban Visa and U.S. Treasury licensing paperwork for Support for the Cuban People
- Airfare assistance and pre-trip guidance on how to prepare for Cuba
- Medical insurance in Cuba
- Accommodations and breakfast at the historic Hotel Habana Riviera in Havana
- Luxury motor coach transportation with chauffeur
- Breakfast every morning, 5 lunches, and 4 dinners at select paladares (Havana’s best private restaurants)
- Curated insider visits to artist studios, museums, and local organizations (Rex Duplex, Fabrica de Arte Cubano, Taller Experimental de Grafica, Callejón de Hamel)
- Tours of the Partagas Cigar Factory, Capitol building, and Ernest Hemingway's house
- Visits with upcoming entrepreneurs that are fueling the country’s new private sector.
- Live private performance of the National Folkloric Dance Company of Cuba
- Lecture and discussion with Cuban scholars on the political economy of Cuba
- Vintage 1950s American convertible ride to farewell dinner
- Trip management by expert Project Por Amor staff
- Tour led by Cuban cultural expert James Burks
- Full-time professional Cuban guide and interpreter
Program price does not include:
- Two dinners on your own
- Late night venues
- Trip interruption insurance
- All other items not listed in ‘PROGRAM PRICE INCLUDES’
Created with images by Project Por Amor