Project Por Amor is offering a unique tour for professionals in the field that specializes in Cuban architecture and urban design. During nine days, local architects will guide you through iconic UNESCO World Heritage Sites and the most hidden secrets of Cuban architecture of Havana, Cienfuegos, Trinidad, and Camagüey. While we explore the urban history of these four distinct cities. We will also witness the best of Cuban cuisine, art, dance, and music and interact with the local thought leaders who are actively building the future of the island.
Dr. Daylín García Puentes is a Cuban architect who has a PhD from Marta Abreu University and was a lecturer for four years at the University of Havana. Her research specializes in innovative alternatives to concrete. In addition to architecture, Daylín also produced several documentaries on Cuban culture and the arts. She graduated in classical guitar at the Amadeo Roldán Conservatory and is a passionate photographer showing her perspective of the world through travel.
About Project Por Amor: Project Por Amor is an L.A.-based artist-run organization which harnesses the power of arts and culture to bring Cubans and Americans together. Through our extensive fifteen years of production experience and unique network throughout the island we design customized delegations for US professionals to visit Cuba and pioneer new partnerships with its thought leaders. We are fully licensed by the US Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control to legally bring U.S. citizens to Cuba on People-to-People, Professional Research, and Public Performance exchanges CST 2131480-40. For more information visit projectporamor.com
Double occupancy: $3,365 (per person)
Single occupancy: $3,665
Spots will be given on a first-come-first serve basis, travelers need to make deposits by August 30th in order for this program to go. All funds will be refunded if the minimum group is not reached. We encourage you to sign up while there is still availability.
NOTE: Airfare is not included. A number of flights on major airlines flying from major cities to Havana are available. You can purchase online or through your preferred agent. Staff at Project Por Amor are available to offer guidance ahead of you making your own arrangements.
PAYMENT SCHEDULE: Deposits of $750 are due to Project Por Amor by August 30, 2019 to secure a space. Full payment of the final balance is due by September 13.
For more information on any aspect of this trip, please contact Sage Lewis at Project Por Amor by telephone: 310-961-1574 or email: email@example.com
Program Price Includes
- Cuban Visa and U.S. licensing paperwork for §515.574 Support for the Cuban People or §515.564 Professional Research travel
- Airfare assistance and pre-trip guidance on how to prepare for Cuba
- Medical insurance in Cuba
- Accommodations for 8 nights in deluxe bed & breakfasts
- Daily breakfasts at the villas and eight lunches and six dinners at select paladares (Havana’s best private restaurants)
- Lecture, curated activities, and travel with Dr. Daylín García Puentes
- Architectural tours of Old Havana, modern Havana, Cienfuegos, Trinidad, and Camagüey
- The chance to participate in Habana's 500th anniversary festivities
- Guided visits to architectural sites including Superior Art Institute (ISA), el Morro, Palacio del Valle
- Discussions with Cuban scholars including Eucebio Leal's Office, Wilfredo Benitez, Nancy Benitez, and independent architecture studios
- Visits to Cuban artist's studios, Lazaro Niebla, Carlos Matas, and Martha Jimenez
- Private concerts with Cuban music ensembles Vocalité, Nelson Valdes and the Creole Choir of Cuba
- Visits to art galleries Fábrica de Arte Cubano and Gallería Continua
- Private performance with the dance Company and visit to the Ballet of Camaguey
- 24-hour program management by expert U.S. tour managers and professional Cuban tour guide
- Luxury motor coach transportation with chauffeur for the whole program in Cuba
Program price does not include
- Three dinners and one lunch
- Trip interruption insurance
- All other items not listed in ‘PROGRAM PRICE INCLUDES’
Legal Travel to Cuba
We have designed this itinerary so that it is compliant with the latest (June 6th, 2019) travel restrictions to Cuba. Our itinerary fully adheres to the US Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) §515.574 General License for Support for the Cuban People and §515.564 General License for Professional Research categories of legal travel to Cuba. Each traveler agrees to engage in a full-time schedule of activities that result in meaningful interaction with individuals and professionals in Cuba, enhance contact with the Cuban people, and support civil society in Cuba. Staying in private Cuban residences (casas particulares), eating at privately owned Cuban restaurants (paladares), shopping at privately owned stores run by self-employed Cubans (cuentapropistas), exchanging with Cuban architects, and engaging in our restoration projects that provide urban renewal for the Cuban people are an important part of this program.
Created with images by einheriar and Project Por Amor