Martin Luther King Jr was a Baptist minister and a social activist who played a key role in the American civil rights. He was born January 15,1929 in Atlanta,GA and died April 4, 1968 in Eisleben, Germany. He was the middle child of his family. His grandfather took over a small church that has a member of 13 people and he turned it into a forceful congregation. In 1948, Martin Luther King Jr. earned a degree from Morehouse college.
- He led to the Montgomery Bus Boycott: Rosa Parks an African American woman refused to give up her seat for a white person and was arrested due to the racial segregation laws on December 1, 1955.
- King was the first President of SCLC: Martin Luther King Jr started a movement against the Birmingham Campaign. When the campaign ran low on adult volunteers, it recruited young students and even children.
- He was instrumental in organizing The Great March on Washington: Washington, D.C. on August 28, 1963 was when the march took place.
- He showed great courage over his lifetime by challenging the authority with his numerous protests and marches for many issues he believed in.
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. demonstrated numerous leadership qualities during his fight for equal rights and over the course of history.
- He took many controversial stands among opposing Americans on many issues over history, some of those including equal rights and segregation.
- He was an American clergyman and civil rights leader who was shot at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis, Tennessee, on April 4, 1968. King was rushed to St. Joseph's Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 7:05 p.m. that evening.
- Abraham Lincoln;
- Henry Davis
Conclusion- Martin Luther King Jr was a Baptist minister and a social activist who played a key role in the American civil rights. Was the middle child of the family. He had a lot of accomplishments and he did reach some of them. His death was really sad by getting shot. He had some good quotes also.
- Early Life- http://www.biography.com/people/martin-luther-king-jr-9365086
- Accomplishemts- http://biography.yourdictionary.com/articles/martin-luther-king-progress-civil-rights-movement.html
- Qualities- www.heraldstaronline.com/.../the-many-qualities-of-dr-martin-luther-king-jr-s-leadershi