The Executive Chef (EC) will be a very high energy, detailed-oriented, passionate visionary thinker who brings a proven member-centric focused approach to developing and maintaining the highest standards of culinary excellence – relentlessly so! The EC will continuously infuse his/her culinary creativity and positively train, mentor and motivate both the culinary and service teams and set high, attainable goals. The successful candidate will have an enthusiastic, confident personality who understands the importance of – and enjoys - frequent, active engagement with the membership in the dining rooms.
The EC is responsible for managing all day-to-day operations of the Club’s culinary and stewarding operations. The EC will provide the highest professional food quality and sanitation standards where food production consistently exceeds member/guest expectations. S/he will monitor the food and related payroll expense budget and meet budgeted goals.
The EC must be a great communicative leader for both the heart-of-the-house and front-of-the-house teams by providing timely information to produce exceptional culinary offerings and service. S/he will instill in the team a sense of urgency that a “best-in-class” experience for our members and their guests is our Mission. Frequent and candid discourse is expected and required with the Club’s Executive Management team.
The EC must joyfully embrace a “hand’s on, lead-by-example” approach to quickly earn the confidence of the members and the respect of the staff. Continual professional development - staying at the very forefront of F&B trends, related technology – is also required.
• Develop and foster a culture of high standards and culinary excellence by building, motivating and holding accountable a strong culinary team;
• Ensures that the highest standards of sanitation, cleanliness, and safety are maintained throughout all food service areas at all times;
• “Take the pulse” of and embrace the membership’s dining preferences and then develop and implement creative and interesting evolving menu programing that peaks member interest in both a la carte dining and member events;
• Provide leadership to the Catering Team to produce “5 Star” quality culinary experiences for banquets, weddings and corporate meetings and seminars;
• Forge positive professional relationships with members, department heads and vendors.