The following is a synopsis of the accomplished scope of work:
1. Developed a contemporary curriculum consistent with the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) standards.
- Through curriculum mapping and review of COD processes, AAL identified the components of the existing curriculum, assessment techniques and institutional infrastructure for academic program management that already met CODA standards, and determined the areas that need to be altered to meet the accreditation criteria.
- AAL benchmarked the reformed curriculum against prominent national and international predoctoral programs for congruency.
2. Conducted faculty development that would facilitate planning and support implementation of the updated curriculum.
- AAL provided educational leadership and change management training to the COD Curriculum Steering Committee (CSC).
- AAL coordinated professional development activities in the form of workshops, seminars and individualized consultation for the COD faculty.
- AAL conducted an online assessment to determine the educational priorities, values and other considerations that would provide parameters for the curricular renewal.
ACADEMY FOR ACADEMIC LEADERSHIP | AAL
To cultivate leadership, foster lifelong learning, and improve organizational effectiveness through customized professional development and consulting services and products.
Launched in 2005, AAL is a collaborative of scholars, educational specialists, and consultants providing services that help leaders in businesses, nonprofits, and academia pursue excellence, the application of knowledge, the discovery of ideas and the quest of lifelong learning.
The AAL team strives to build long-term relationships based on superior service, mutual trust and intellectual inspiration. We are focused on helping you and your institution achieve its short and long-term goals in areas such as Leadership Development, Teaching and Learning, Humanistic Healthcare, and Consulting Services.
AAL CONSULTING SERVICES
- Coaching for Individuals and Teams
- Curriculum Development
- Education Research and Publications
- New School/Academic Program Development
- Professional Development for Faculty, Staff, and Administrators
- Strategic Planning
For more information on how AAL can assist your institution, please contact Dr. Tobias Rodriguez at +1 (404) 350-2098 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.