"STAIR4SECURITY is a project that contributed towards the ambition to strengthen the interaction between all stakeholders involved in the security landscape and bringing standardization closer to research and innovation actors, which is a key objective to ensure an inclusive European standardization system. The results of STAIR4SECURITY will be very valuable for Horizon Europe, the new European framework programme for R&I that is about to start."
Livia Mian, Project Coordinator
The STAIR4SECURITY eLearning Tool
The eLearning tool, developed by KPMG FA with input from partners supported the delivery of courses materials and instructions electronically. Security operational standardisation related content can be either created by the Consortium or by different other institutions and hosted through the eLearning tool, thus establishing a resource hub. As part of the STAIR4SECURITY ecosystem, the eLearning tool:
- Supports the STAIR4SECURITY platform by delivering tailor-made tutorials, highlighting how separate features can be used to accomplish the different phases of the pre-standardisation process;
- Offers relevant course material in the fields of standardization, CBRN / DRR for practitioners and policymakers;
- The tool was also designed to help navigate the user to content and material that is suitable to their level of experience in the DRR/CBRN area.
An overview of the eLearning tool’s course material and functionalities can be seen here.
STAIR4SECURITY contributed to significantly advance the CWA process addressing the main gaps identified in consultation with relevant experts and practitioners and ensuring the process is suitable to meet stakeholders’ needs. Moreover, the involvement of H2020 security-related projects in the providing hands-on advices and recommendations on the fine tuning of the CWA process helped to ensure the delivery of high-quality results already tested by target users. The following points can be highlighted as main achievements of STAIR4SECURITY WP3 impact:
- Improved CWA process addressing specific gaps identified in consultation with relevant stakeholders;
- Templates and training materials developed to support the user friendliness of the CWA process;
- Increased usability for the security sector with a security risk analysis included in the CWA process;
- Fast track approach solution developed to make more concrete and feasible the conversion of a CWA into another type of standardisation deliverable (European Standards, Technical Specification).
STAIR4SECURITY Final Event
The STAIR4SECURITY final event took place on 27th and 28th of May 2021. It was hosted by KPMG FA and TFC, and covered ten sessions during the two-day event, offering an overview of the STAIR4SECURITY ecosystem and results. Presentations were carried out by members of the Consortium and guest speakers from different projects (DG-ECHO, DG-HOME, ENCIRCLE, NO-FEAR, INCLUDING, STRATEGY, and AQUA3S), some of which will share their experience in using the STAIR4SECURITY tools.
The event was promoted via the STAIR4SECURITY channels and the CERIS network, which was facilitated by Philippe Quevauviller (DG-HOME). There were over 100 participants present on Day 1 and over 85 in Day 2, accounting to nearly 100 people attending the event outside the STAIR4SECURITY Consortium and presenters during the two-day event. Attendees represented 20 countries, 83 organisations, 27 nationalities, and 49 HORIZON2020 Projects.
We are indebted to all the people who helped with the organisation of the final event, all the presenters and supporters for their dedication and commitment to STAIR4SECURITY. We will be issuing a last newsletter highlighting the current status of the project's results and future sustainability.
Recording of the two-day event could be found on the project YouTube channel.
Created with images by QuinceCreative - "eu flag europe" • geralt - "industry industry 4 web" • mohamed_hassan - "paper business finance" • VISHNU_KV - "cyber security online computer" • USA-Reiseblogger - "europe palace europe flags"