Save the Date
Mark your calendar to share your story on February 21st, and spread the word to your colleagues, followers, friends and family by sharing our Save the Date!
Reflect on the amazing ways young leaders have been involved in your community and organization! Commit to sharing at least one story of a leader who has impacted your mission by posting about #NationalYouthDay from both your personal and organization's social media pages. Posts can feature #NationalYouthDay photos and videos, and you can also go live on Facebook or Instagram to highlight their work for causes involving:
- Childhood hunger
- Food insecurity
- Civic engagement/Advocacy
- And so many others!
Be sure to tag @GenerationNKH and #NationalYouthDay so we can celebrate their inspiring efforts!
Starting February 1st, join in on the #21DaysofGratitude Instagram Challenge!
The rules are simple:
- Post at least one photo a day on Instagram, thanking a young person for their work in the community.
- Use the hashtags #21DaysofGratitude and #NationalYouthDay in your caption.
- Tag @GenerationNKH so we can see your post and be able to like and comment on it.
Join the #NationalYouthDay Twitter Chat on Feb. 21 from 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. ET to discuss the role young leaders play in addressing the critical issues our country faces.
This is the perfect opportunity to share your #NationalYouthDay story and any resources or opportunities for youth to get involved in your mission and community!
Mark your calendars and start thinking about your responses now, and follow @GenerationNKH on Twitter in advance!
Social Media Cheatsheet:
*While these examples are mostly related to Generation No Kid Hungry's mission to end childhood hunger, we encourage you to share your story as it relates to YOUR mission - whatever it may be!
- SAVE THE DATE: Feb. 21, 2019 is #NationalYouthDay! We can't wait to show you all the ways this generation will change the world, with the help of @GenerationNKH and @SodexoStopHunger! [<--add your organization here, and any specific young person you'd like to give a shout out to] CLICK TO TWEET
- It's #NationalYouthDay! Do you know a young person doing incredible things to help others? Let's lift those stories up and tell the world about them! CLICK TO TWEET
- If I've learned anything, it's that you're NEVER too young to make a difference. Here’s how this leader made a difference in our community – follow along with the #NationalYouthDay conversation for more inspiration! [ATTACH YOUR OWN IMAGE OR VIDEO] CLICK TO TWEET
- 1 in 6 kids in America lives with hunger, and young leaders are doing something about it. Are YOU? Join us and share your story this #NationalYouthDay! [ATTACH YOUR OWN IMAGE OR VIDEO] CLICK TO TWEET
- TODAY is #NationalYouthDay! 13 million kids in America live with hunger, so young people are making waves and ending childhood hunger in their communities with @GenerationNKH and @SodexoStopHunger [Add your organization here]. Here’s how: [LINK TO YOUR OWN IMAGE OR VIDEO] CLICK TO TWEET
- Click on individual images to enlarge the view
- Right click
- Save image as [file name of choice]
- Upload to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter posts with captions including the hashtags, social media handles, links and optional sample messaging in this toolkit
- Share away!