1. Print this page out to do during your investigation today.
2. Click on the video and press play. Pause the video when they tell you so you can write and draw it in your plant investigator chart!
1. It is time to conduct your own experiment! First you must collect all of your materials.
You will need:
- 4 Cups
- 4 Seeds
2. Label your cups with your group number or group name.
3. Place soil in 3 of the cups and bury 1 seed in each cup.
4. Place sand in the 4th cup and bury 1 seed in the sand.
Remember: In order to see what plants cannot live without:
- One cup WILL NOT have water.
- One cup WILL NOT have sun.
- One cup WILL NOT have soil, instead the cup WILL have sand.
- One cup WILL have water, sun, and soil.
5. Watch this video and read about how a plant grows!
1. Print out this observation chart.
2. Observe your plants. Draw what your plants look like on each day in your chart.
3. Play this game to plant the different seeds! Let each group member have a turn.
Day 4 & Day 5:
1. Make the observation in your log for the correct days.
2. With the members of your group, plan your mini-book for your alien friends.
- What does a plant need to grow?
- What did your group find to be the most important thing needed for a plant to grow?
3. Write one plant need on each page of your mini-book.
4. Write the most important plant need on the last page of your mini-book.
5. Illustrate each plant need, use lots of details and color so the aliens understand!
Great job plant experts! The aliens can't wait to start their own garden. They now know exactly what the plants need, thanks to your help!
Watch this video to conclude the investigation.
I hope you enjoyed this plant investigation, for more fun with plants, explore the links and videos below!