Thank you so much to the time, talents and treasures that Airan and Chloene put in to make this dream become a reality. They worked tirelessly along with Sarah Williams to make this happen. If you haven't seen it you can find this along the Kindergarten wall near Mrs. Rea's classroom. It absolutely speaks volumes to the love our campus shows to all children! The art work was completed by Airan and Chloene, The butterflies were created by students, the quote was found by Sarah Williams... absolutely breathtaking, thank you all! Skyler's parents are going to come to visit on
After School Classes
Please make sure you are walking your students to the After School Clubs. We had little ones in the Green Room when there were no adults present on Yoga Day. Make sure that a teacher is walking the students...this could be the same teacher that also takes Extended Day.
Speaking of Yoga: They will be meeting their teacher at the outside Ramp of Kelly's door.
The Staff Workout winner is Andrea Bianchi!!
Staff workouts now begin at 3:00 pm in the green room.
February Workout Schedule:
- Weds 2/1
- Weds 2/8
- Mon 2/13
- Tues 2/21
Parent Conferences are FRIDAY! If you have not reached out to parents of students you have academic and/or behavior concerns, You need to do so now! You do not need to meet with all parents during this conference time only those that you have specific concerns about or if the parent requests to meet with you. Lisa, Katie, Alison and I can attend conferences if you would like us to. Please just get in touch with one of us and we would be happy to meet with you and the parents.
Remember if you are looking at retention (the paperwork already needed to be completed) this is the time you create goals that the child needs to meet to be successful and possibly move up.
COMMUNITY CIRCLE ACTIVITIES
Last week you probably talked about Self Control. This week I have added How to Join in a Group. It seems a lot of the issues we have on the playground is Joining in a Group correctly. How do we go about asking to be apart of something. It's funny, because kids are not the only ones who might have issues with this. I have watched adults struggle with this too..especially if they were never taught how to join a group correctly!
FEW UPCOMING EVENTS
Our District Job Fair is February 4th...let your friends know if they are interested in working for LESD!
Pass on to anyone who is interesting in joining the LESD Family!
FREE Parenting Class sponsored by LESD. We will have copies available for you to hand out during Conferences!
- FEBRUARY UPCOMING EVENTS
- February 2nd - Book Fair Opens
- February 2nd - Teacher Preview, 7am
- February 3rd - Early Release
- February 3rd - Parent Teacher Conference
- February 4th - LESD Job Fair at BBR
- February 6th - 11th - Book Fair Continues
- February 6th - Blue Ribbon Planning Meeting in the library after school
- February 7th - Future Schools Project Judging Completed
- February 10th - PBIS Book Study on Chapter 7
- February 10th - Hotdog and Hamburger Cook Out
- February 10th & 11th - Litchfield Park Centennial Celebration
- February 11th - PTO Sponsored VIP Dance
- February 13th - Secondary Observers Meeting after School
- February 15th - K & 1st Presentation by Hilgers
- February 16th - TA and Honors Applications go Live
- February 17th - No School, Teacher In Service Day
- February 20th - No School, Presidents' Day
- February 21st - PTO Meeting, 6pm in the library
- February 22nd - Thunderbird Council
- February 24th - Patriotic Assembly - 8am
- February 24th - Drama Performance during Assembly
- February 24th - Early Release, 12:25pm
- February 24th - RTI PLC
- February 27th - Career Ladder Meeting, #5
- February 28th & March 1st - NAEP Testing, Media Center will be Closed