Primary Care Networks
Bring your clinical expertise and passion for providing quality, compassionate care to a challenging and rewarding role as a Family Physician/General Practitioner or Nurse Practitioner for a Primary Care Network (PCN) in Penticton, British Columbia, Canada. Learn more about exciting new job opportunities today!
The South Okanagan Similkameen Division of Family Practice has partnered with the Ministry of Health, Interior Health Authority, and Penticton Indian Band to create a Primary Care Network to address the health care needs of our community.
The goals of our PCN include the:
- implementation of processes to ensure all people in the community have access to quality primary care;
- provision of extended hours of care, including early mornings, evenings and weekends;
- provision of same-day access for urgently needed care;
- provision of comprehensive primary care services through networking of primary care providers and teams.
Family Physician/General Practitioners
Salaried positions will integrate into our existing network of full-service primary care providers. Areas of opportunity include:
- Mental Health + Substance Use
- First Nations Health Clinic
- Traditional family practice
- Team-based care clinic
Positions may be full or part-time, and may be combined with fee-for-service practice.
Nurse Practitioners in our Primary Care Network will practise autonomously and interdependently within the existing primary care provider network.
Contracts are offered to Nurse Practitioners as independent contractors.
Applications are invited from candidates with:
- Current provisional/practising registration as a Nurse Practitioner with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- Relevant, clinical nursing experience
- Positions may be full or part-time, and may be combined with fee-for-service practice.
In the South Okanagan, you can enjoy pristine lakes and mountains with endless opportunity for water sports, road cycling, and mountain biking. This area is also home to a top-rated climbing destination with three world class ski hills and two world class cross-country ski areas. Here you can enjoy the sun and scenery at a restaurant or winery, and sip on local wine while enjoying a delicious meal.
Culture and opportunities for creativity abound – music, markets, painting, pottery, theatre, dancing –they’ve got it all. And when you need an urban fix, Kelowna is just a 45 minute drive away and Vancouver is less than an hour by air. Enjoy a well-compensated, satisfying career and unlimited recreational opportunities.
Flanked by tree trimmed mountain slopes, dramatic clay cliffs and Okanagan and Skaha Lake, Penticton is one of the larger cities in the BC interior. Its lush surroundings and ideal climate, with over 2,000 hours of sunshine per year, combine to create a paradise. Indulge in wineries, golf courses, and famous sandy beaches in the summer, and skiing and snowshoeing when the snow falls.
Penticton is an innovative and adventurous waterfront city offering all the amenities of a larger urban centre while preserving its small-town charm and warmth. With an array of fine dining, shops, recreational facilities and local vendors and agriculturalists at its weekly farmer’s market, Penticton has it all. Come experience this incredible lifestyle for yourself!
Register online and our recruitment consultants can:
- Guide you through registration and licensing procedures.
- Match your skills and interests to opportunities in the regions of your choice.
- Provide you with information about communities of interest.
- Connect you with prospective clinics and opportunities.
- Connect you with appropriate resources (such as transition-to-practice supports) throughout the health system.
- Provide and connect you to the personal and professional support you will need from the initial stages of expressing interest to the arrival at your new clinical practice.