The PTO is proud to help Teacher Librarian Mrs. Robinson in this important work.
From Mrs. Robinson:
Hello Explorer Families,
Although this year is playing out a little differently than we all hoped, the Southeastern staff is still working hard to continue to build resources for staff and students that support our Southeastern Educational beliefs. It has been amazing to hear about the class conversations and inquiries that are encouraging our students in their learning journeys!
At Southeastern Elementary, we believe children have a desire to interact with challenging questions and inquiries of real importance to themselves, to their community and to the world. Please consider supporting these inquiries and conversations by purchasing a book from this list to add to the library collection for students and staff. This wish list was collaboratively built with our students and community at the heart of it.
Thank you for considering supporting this important work.
Support Southeastern Elementary on AmazonSmile
Did you know you can support Southeastern Elementary when you shop on Amazon! Click below to link your account to the Southeastern PTO! Remember when you shop Amazon, to shop through https://smile.amazon.com/.
How to turn on AmazonSmile in the mobile app:
- Join AmazonSmile: If you are not already an AmazonSmile member, sign up on your web browser. Simply select your favorite charity to start generating donations, at no cost to you.
- Get the app: Download or update to the latest version of the Amazon Shopping app on your phone. You can find it in the App Store for iOS or Google Play for Android.
- Turn on AmazonSmile: Open the app and find ’Settings’ in the main menu (☰). Tap on ‘AmazonSmile’ and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile on your phone.
Box Tops for Education
The Box Tops for Education program is changing the way we can earn cash for our school!
Over the past year, participating brands have begun to change their packaging from the traditional Box Tops clip to the new Box Tops label.
Going forward, instead of clipping from packages and checking expiration dates, all Box Tops will be earned digitally by scanning your receipt. The Box Tops for Education team has worked hard to build a NEW and improved, user-friendly Box Tops mobile app, available now.
The new app features state-of-the-art technology that allows you to scan your store receipt, find participating products and instantly add Box Tops to our school's earnings online.
If you still have traditional Box Tops clips at home, make sure to send them to school. We will still earn cash for all clipped Box Tops until they expire. Better yet, you can “double dip” during the packaging transition by clipping traditional Box Tops AND scanning your store receipt containing participating products.
Thanks for helping our school get what it needs!
The next deadline for physical clips is Wednesday, February 24.
PTO Angel Fund
In the fall of 2019, the PTO Executive Board, working closely with Mrs. Chastain, Mrs. Monkul and Mrs. Smith, determined it would be beneficial to create an Angel Fund to support those Southeastern students whose families may be going through a difficult time and are in need or may be financially less fortunate. The PTO views the Angel Fund as an extension of our dedicated efforts to assist Southeastern families who might not be able to fully afford the expenses of the wonderful activities and events our school has to offer.
- Thu., Jan. 21, 6:30 p.m. - PTO Meeting
LATER THIS SEMESTER
- Thu., Jan. 21, 6:30 p.m. - PTO Meeting
- Fri., Feb. 5 - Explorer Day
- Thu., Feb. 11, 6:30 p.m. - PTO Meeting
- Wed., Feb. 24 - Winter BoxTop Deadline
- Fri., Mar. 5 - Explorer Day
- Thu., Mar. 11, 6:30 p.m. - PTO Meeting
- Thu., Apr. 1 - Explorer Day
- Thu., Apr. 15, 6:30 p.m. - PTO Meeting
- Fri., May 7 - Explorer Day
- Thu., May 13, 6:30 p.m. - PTO Meeting
The PTO is working with district guidelines to plan for the 2020-21 school year. We hope to announce additional items soon.
Created with images by rsteve254 - "snow winter cold" • Julian Hanslmaier - "Federleicht"