Transfer Credit Approval Form
Before the end of the Spring 2021 semester, you must fill out and submit the Transfer Credit Approval Form for your Summer Courses.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In response to COVID-19 many in-person courses have been offered as online courses across the nation. During Summer 2020, the requirement to have all online courses approved was waived. This may happen again for Summer 2021. Pay attention to all updates from your SoE Hub Advisor, or ask before registering for any summer courses.
Follow these steps before the end of the Spring Semester:
- Read both pages of the form carefully (button below), as it provides additional information on transferring credits back to Rensselaer including what grades do you have to earn, process, and much more.
- Once you fill out the Transfer Credit Approval form, you will need to collect the required signatures and approval (see more information below).
- One you have collected all required signatures and have confirmed that all the information on your form is correct, make a copy!* You will want one copy for your personal file and one to submit.
- Finally, once everything is approved, you will send the completed Transfer Credit Approval Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can approve courses?
- HASS Course: Brett Fajen (email@example.com
- Science Course: Lee Ligon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Management Course: Clint Ballinger (email@example.com)
- Engineering Course: Kurt Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
What will you need to submit when you are getting a course approved?
- An official course description from the instituton
- And/or an official course syllabus from the institution
- Official Course Name and Number
* Make a copy: get into the habit of making copies of all forms before you submit them! It's important that you always have a record, and a good life skill for after college. You can use a printer/scanner, take a picture with your phone, or use free apps like Adobe Scan.
This form is a required step in the process! It allows your SoE Hub Advisor and campus officials to double-check that what you plan to take over the summer will transfer back to Rensselaer. If you do not fill out this form, and still take the course, there is a real risk that the course you take will not transfer back to Rensselaer.
This could result in a waste of money and time.
Additionally, know that this approval process aims to ensure that you only take courses that cover all necessary content and will support you in understanding the more advanced courses that are headed your way at Rensselaer. It is not about checking a box in your major requirements, it is about continuous growth through your engineering curriculum in a way that sets you up for success.