Bills heading to the Senate for consideration or concurrence:
• HB 253 (Rep. Rob Kauffman, R-Franklin): Amends the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to reduce the size of the Senate of Pennsylvania. Vote: 101-92. HB 253 now goes to the Senate for consideration.
• HB 348 (Rep. Anthony DeLuca, D-Allegheny): Requires that the mandatory sentence imposed for an offense committed with a firearm be imposed consecutively, not concurrently, to any other sentence imposed by the court. Vote: 134-59. HB 348 now goes to the Senate for consideration.
• HB 699 (Rep. Martin Causer, R-Cameron/McKean/Potter): Requires an increase in the Medical Assistance reimbursement rates for services provided by both ground and air ambulance companies. Vote: 194-0. HB 699 now goes to the Senate for consideration.
• HB 979 (Rep. Karen Boback, R-Lackawanna/Luzerne/Wyoming): Establishes a misdemeanor offense for any person who causes false caller identification information to be displayed on a recipient’s telephone with the intent to harass, cause harm or defraud the call recipient. Vote: 193-0. HB 979 now goes to the Senate for consideration.
• HB 1974 (Rep. Hal English, R-Allegheny): Amends the Pennsylvania Crime Victims Act to strengthen a victim’s right to be present during trial proceedings. Vote: 192-1. HB 1974 now goes to the Senate for consideration.
• HB 1979 (Rep. Paul Schemel, R-Franklin): Removes the sunset date for the 20-year statute of limitations on actions on “instruments under seal.” Vote: 193-0. HB 1979 now goes to the Senate for consideration.
Currently, the #PAHouse is at a 12-hour-call of the chair to return to session.