DGS Approved Presea Courses
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.,) in Marine Engg (4 Yrs)
- B.E., Marine Engineering (Diploma Holders Lateral Entry)
- Graduate Marine Engineer (G.M.E.,) for Engineers (1 Yr)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.,) in Nautical Science (3 Yrs)
- Electro Technical Officer (E.T.O.,) (4 Months)
- General Purpose Rating (GP Rating) (6 Months)
- Certificate Course in Maritime Catering (CCMC) (6 Mon)
DGS Approved Modular Courses
- Basic Safety Training STCW Course (all 4 Courses)
- STSDSD Course (To be done with above course)
- B.E., Mechanical Engineering + Graduate Marine Engineer (GME). Duration: 4 Years + 1 Year
- B.E., Electrical & Electronics Engineering + Electro Technology Officer (ETO). Duration: 4 Years + 1 Year (incl Industrial Externship).
Syllabus Difference for Integrated Courses
- Choosing of Electives Facilitated to be in sync with curriculum of Presea Professional Course (GME / ETO).
- Industrial Visits, Workshops, Additional Secondary Diploma, Value Added Courses Training, PMKVY Job Roles Training et all aligned towards Maritime Training from Semester 1 onwards till course completion.
- All this additional Training and Resultant Corporate Certifications facilitated edge to SNMA Cadets during employment Consideration.
Difference of Integrated Courses
- Facilitating Local Area Dayscholars into Maritime Profession.
- Saves Costs on Boarding, Lodging, Uniforms and Other Presea Training Mandatory Requirements.
- 100% Fees available as Bank Loan without Mortgage.
- 4 years of BE Course completed as Day Boarding Student, additional duration course as per Presea Training Norms.
PG Courses for Shore Jobs
- Master of Engineering (M.E.) in Thermal Engineering
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Shipping & Logistics.
Logistics and Safety Courses
- B.B.A., Logistics and Shipping (3 Years),
- B.Sc., Fire and Industrial Safety (3 Years)
Guaranteed Placements Program
Introduced from Year 2020 to comfort prospective student cadets due to lack of training berths, wherein Guaranteed Placement Agreement is provided to student cadets for additional facilitation fees of Rs. 1 Lakh. As per terms, if placement not facilitated despite meeting criteria, Institution refunds Rs. 3 Lakhs to the Cadets.
Placements Assistance Program
We have long operational placement tie-ups with 11 RPSL companies/ management firms for placement of student cadets. We refer off campus interviews to almost all shipping companies/ prominent manning agencies. Our placement ratio since inception has been @ 85%. Meritorious students with consistent academic achievement have greater chances of permanent recruitment with Prominent Shipping Companies. No bogus promises. We deliver decent placement to almost all eligible students within a span of 12 months from date of course completion (on agreement).
Internships @ Industry
Excellent tie-ups exists for facilitating two mandatory paid / unpaid Internships to all students during semester holidays as per present regulations for Degree Courses. As policy, we mandate compulsory internship to Diploma Cadets also. Internships facilitated with National and Global MNCs in varied Sectors including Shipping, Logistics, Port Operations & Ship Building and Allied Industries.
Tamil Nadu Government Scholarships for TN students @ 35% Fees for SC/ST students, Muslim Minority & First Graduate Scholarships Fees Reimbursement @ Rs. 25000/Year, Maintenance allowances for MBC/ BC/ SC/ST Students are facilitated for B.E., Marine Engg Course alone. 35% Fees reimbursement facilitated for students from Jharkhand, NE States.
Institution Merit Scholarships upto 50% Tuition Fees for Students with above 90% Total Marks in qualifying exams, for Children of War Widows/ Police Personnel died in the line of duty. 25% Fees Scholarships to wards of Armed Forces. Scholarships for bright students from economically weaker sections are also facilitated. Contact admissions office @ Phone - 95 4354 4354.
Direct 2nd Year Lateral Entry Admission for Diploma Holders pursuing BE Marine Engg. 1st Year admissions, 60% above marks in 12th Std for UG Courses. 50% above marks in 10th Std for Diplomas. DGS eligibility, ranking in entrance exam by institute must for all courses.
Digital Modern eAcademics
Wifi A/C Classrooms with eLearning, Virtual Classrooms, G Suite with SIS & ERP systems to aid student success, Online Exams, OMR Tests, Online Courses, studying from SWAYAM Portal, et all to aid your grooming as a Professional.
SNMA has contributed few hundred alumni seafarers, successful in their high flying professional careers as Sailors in India and Abroad. Become one among them. Mould your Career with us. Apply for your choice of course now. Visit our alumni portal to see their testimonials.
Careers @ SNCET
SNMA offers best payscales and perks matching industry based on applicants qualification/ experience. Permanent, Visiting Roles and Part time roles are available occasionally. Excellent working comfort for Seafarers. Campus accommodation, excellent food facilitated for professionals.
English Communication & Digital Literacy Training
Comfortable Communication in English depending on the qualification chosen for study is necessary. Intermediary level training provided for all courses. Addl training to reach expected levels of competency to be arranged by students themselves. For Officer level Seafaring Cadets, IELTS score of 6 above compulsory to receive course completion certificate.
Marlins English Training & Certification
Test of Spoken English (ToSE) for understanding of standard phrases used in Maritime Environment is necessary for performance in employment. We offer training, facilitate examination at both Ratings and intermediary levels. SPEACS Certification facilitated for Cruise Ship employment.
Admissions Office Contact Details
For admissions & related enquiry - Call 95 4354 4354 or Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org. Postal address: Sri Nandhanam Maritime Academy, Molagarampatti, Tirupattur - 635602, Tamil Nadu, India.