“Life doesn't get easier or more forgiving; we get stronger and more resilient.”
As a leader you face ever increasing pressures both at a personal and professional level. The need to find strategies to manage these external and internal stressors is paramount.
Understanding resilience in yourself as a leader, and how to achieve it in your team, is critical to commercial success in the modern high stress and uncertain environment.
"When you have setbacks and failures, you can’t overreact to them.”
Practical leadership and communications skills that can be applied the minute you return to the office and support you in performing under pressure. Skills will be developed in the following areas:
- how to motivate team members to perform when under pressure
- creating a "safe space" in which your team can operate at its best.
- understanding how to maintain personal well-being and mental health
If you have to explain that your door is always open - it isn't!
The course will be attended by 30 participants from across different companies and sectors.
The course enables participants to expand their network though the medium of shared challenge and experience.
The Alpine environment has always provided challenge and inspiration in equal measure.
Leadership is 1% theory and 99% practice
There is no better setting to learn about leadership and resilience than in an environment that provides changing conditions and challenges on a daily basis.
This course is about developing skills for the boardroom, but the lessons are learned in one of the most breathtaking and sustainable environments on earth - an experience which will last a lifetime.
Strengths Finder™ Profile
"Resilience is an outcome not a qualification."
In order to maximise your potential you must first sort the intelligence from the information. What are your perceived talents and how can we turn these into strengths that you can use every day?
“Change what you can, manage what you can't.”
Prior to arriving in the mountains you will complete the Strengths Finder™ Profile online. Once completed you will receive a report highlighting your strengths and developmental areas. The report will form the basis of your bespoke Altitude experience.
Whilst in Andermatt you will receive:
- team Strengths Finder™ launch session
- personal strengths profile
- one-to-one strengths coaching session from an Accredited Strengths Finder™ Coach
- personal development plan.
The course assembles in Zurich airport at 1430hrs on Monday 3rd February and disperses at 1230hrs on Friday 7th February
Monday (Afternoon and evening)
- Welcome. Meet the team / venue familiarisation.
- Introduction and networking.
- Clifton Strengths Finder™ coaching session and team performance analysis. Delivered by Merlin Hanbury-Tenison, former Intelligence Officer and leadership consultant with a Big 4 management consultancy.
- Evening speaker Timothy Bradshaw, former Intelligence Officer. "What is leadership? Creating a safe space for your team."
- Warm up (gym) and briefing for the day.
- Morning workshop: utilising your strengths.
- Mountain workshop (Skis): dealing with pressure. (The first session will be used to asses team ability and comfort zones.)
- Mountain workshop (Mammut alpine school : avalanche rescue): team work and communication.
- Warm down and reflection on the day (instructor lead).
- Evening Workshop: building resilience in a team.
Evening speaker: Zoe and Claire Winthrop Team GB Ski team. "Resilience"
“Enthusiasm is common. Endurance is rare.”
- Warm up (gym) and briefing for the day.
- Morning workshop: Wellness
- Mountain workshop (skis): building resilience in a team.
- Mountain workshop (Mammut alpine school : ski touring): communicating the outcomes.
- Evening Workshop: mental health for leaders, delivered by Ruth Heaton, Head of Learning and Development for Gateley Plc and Mental Health First Aid instructor.
Wednesday night will be spent in a mountain hut.
The group will begin the day from the mountain hut.
Optional: dawn summit ski tour. The Sandstone and Mammut teams will lead an optional ski tour and climb to the summit of one of the local mountains. This takes one hour and allows the delegates to witness dawn from a mountain top. (No mountaineering ability is required.)
- Mountain workshop (Mammut alpine school : crevasse rescue): developing the components of a resilient team.
- Mountain Workshop (on skis): delegates will have the opportunity for a one-on-one coaching session with the instructors, and will reflect on putting into practice what they have learned during the week. This workshop uses the area's extensive network of pistes
- Evening Workshop: leading a diverse team. This course will be delivered by Paul Horwood, Managing Director for Sandstone Communications, entrepreneur and former Royal Marine.
Closing Dinner: The team and delegates will have a final meal together and reflect on the week's events.
- Final thoughts - all delegates and instructors.
- Transport returns to Zurich airport.
We believe in training and developing based on actual experience, and in inspiring by example.
Sandstone is made up of a diverse and highly experienced team that includes:
- Learning and Development professionals
- Experienced business managers and entrepreneurs
- Big 4 Management Consultants
- Former Intelligence and Royal Marine officers
- Team GB skiers.
Isokinetic, FIFA medical centres of excellence, is an international medical group dealing with the prevention, diagnosis, care and rehabilitation of orthopaedic and sport injury.
Isokinetic has seven centres in Italy and one in London, coordinated by their Education Research Department, in contact with the world through the International Conference.
Expect high quality clothing and equipment for snow sports, high altitude adventures or luxury escapes, from the brands you know plus some you won’t. For the ultimate ski holiday and après, and for back-country, freeriding, freestyle and racing. For taking on the crag, making the summit, and turning heads on the beach and the street. Stand out wherever you go, break boundaries with technical gear and the best safety equipment, go further with unrivalled expert advice in-store and online.
35+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
Thanks to more than 35 years of experience, quality and safety, we are able to provide trusted support for all participants.
PRODUCT AND EXPERIENCE
With MAMMUT, you’ll enjoy unforgettable mountain experiences in combination with the best equipment available.
SAFETY IN THE MOUNTAINS
We also have Safety in Adventures certification, the quality label for safe mountain activities.
Join the UK's largest snow sports community and get closer to the mountains with these great member benefits:
- Experience fantastic group holidays with Ski Club Freshtracks and Mountain Tracks.
- Ski socially with other club members facilitated by our Reps programme.
- Use an Instructor-led Guiding service in 11 French resorts, plus St Anton in Austria.
- Get expert, independent advice on everything snow-related – from resorts and travel to the latest kit.
- Receive 5 issues of Ski+board magazine (4 printed and 1 online) each season, plus a summer magazine, Elevation.
- 15% discount on Ski Club Travel Insurance.
All Altitude delegates will receive membership to the Ski Club of Great Britain.