Vancouver’s beaches are some of the best in the world; boasting golden sand, incredible mountain and city backdrops, plus plenty of opportunities for outdoor sports from volleyball to kayaking — all within easy reach of downtown. The following are only a few examples; visit this link for a list of the top ten in the area.
- English Bay Beach – One of the best beaches for Swimmers. Home to one of Vancouver’s biggest summer events, the Celebration of Light International Fireworks Competition
- Kitsilano Beach – Known for its beautiful people and gorgeous views
- Jericho Beach – Home to the annual Vancouver Folk Music Festival. Jericho is known for stunning views of north shore mountains and downtown skyline
Summer Night Markets
Night markets are a summer tradition in Vancouver drawing crowds of thousands of people, locals and tourists alike, every weekend. Generally open from mid-May through September, these night markets feature hundreds of vendors, with dozens of food stalls or food trucks offering a variety of international and entertainment.
- Richmond Night Market (Canada’s biggest night market)
- Illumination Night Market
- Shipyards Night Market