weekly school News
** Each week be sure to scroll to the bottom of the weekly newsletter for all kinds of community and extracurricular activities/events (basketball, chalkfest, cheerleading, cross country, etc...)
1. K-Kids Food Drive: K-Kids will be hosting a Thanksgiving food drive November 12th-16th. Students can donate items on their classroom "grocery list" to the boxes in their homeroom. The items donated will benefit local charitable organizations. The class that finishes the "grocery list" first will receive a reward. MIS K-Kids greatly appreciates your participation.
2. Family STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Night: This event will take place on November 14th from 6:30-7:30pm. Click below for more details.
3. Parent/Teacher Conferences: We appreciate everybody who took the time to come in over the past two weeks. We are hopeful that you found the time valuable. Please know we are always more than happy to meet with you should the need arise.
4. MIS Robotics Team: Our robotics team opens the competition season tomorrow at GCHS. We wish them the best and know they will represent MIS well.
5. Greenfield-Central Community School Corporation Safety Symposium
6. PTO News: PTO is looking for parents and volunteers. They do so much for our school, and we would love to see you join us in any way you can. The next PTO meeting will be Thursday, December 13th from 2:30-3:15 in the library. If you have any questions, please contact the office for more information. We would love for you to join us!
7. Hancock County Christmas Connection Application:
8. Toys for Tots: If you would like to make a donation to the cause, a collection box is available in the school office until December 8th.
9. #thankfulThursday: As mentioned earlier this year, we had a large group of staff members who met on several occasions over the summer to discuss our old "Behavior Card." The goal was to find a way to make this a more positive communication tool for our parents and students. This card was created as a scaled feedback tool to provide you with, not only the traditional information you have always received, but also a glimpse into the positive choices and leadership that your child is displaying throughout his/her day.
Knowing this, the office staff is requesting your help again. We would like to share with our staff regular, positive feedback from a variety of sources. Please take a few moments and use the link below to provide some encouragement to those folks that are making a major difference in your child's future. These comments can be anonymous, or you can provide your name. The office staff will use the provided comments every Thursday for our #thankfulThursday movement. The attached form can be completed, as little or often as you like, throughout the entire school year. We appreciate your continued support in growing the culture of gratitude that already exists at MIS!!
A couple of comments that have been shared:
"Mrs. Tilley has been so great with my daughter this year, she has some challenges and so far is doing really well in fourth grade thanks to a dedicated and encouraging teacher!"
"Mr. Gilman is always so willing to problem solve, try new things and volunteer when needed."
10. Gotcha Prize Winners: We would like to recognize the following students for exhibiting great character throughout the week. They were selected as our "Gotcha" prize winners this week:
Elly F., Sonnet M., Alana A., Savvanna R., Cade Z., Zachary W., Jacob J., and Dallas F.
11. ILEARN (replaces ISTEP+): Attached is a document from the Indiana Department of Education identifying 5 Key Points for Parents to know about the new assessment students will be taking this spring
12. School Dismissal Manager: Should you still need to sign up for School Dismissal Manager, please click the link below.
13. Volunteer Forms: Click on the link. Once you are on the page, click on the red apply button in the upper right hand corner to complete the process.
Keeping Up With the Latest Information at MIS
Click the button below for more details
- MIS PTO Email Contact: MaxwellPTO.email@example.com
- MIS Twitter Feeds (#proud2bMIS, #MISgotchas)
November 12th: Veteran's Day Q/A - 5th Grade (8:30am)
November 14th: Family STEM Night (6:30-7:30pm)
November 21st-23rd: Thanksgiving Break (No School)
November 29th: K-Kids Meeting (7:00am)
December 13th: PTO Meeting (2:30pm - Library)
OPPORTUNITIES AROUND MIS, GC, AND THE LOCAL COMMUNITY