Computers and SOL Testing
Set-up begins on Tuesday, May 9.
Beginning Tuesday, May 9, computer carts will be pulled for testing setup. Upstairs carts B and C, MOD B and C, and a cart in the primary hallway will be available to check out using the Outlook Calendars. Please coordinate with your teams to ensure equitable access to computers during this time.
Last day for CLCP is Wednesday, May 10.
Computer Availability During SOLs
Please continue using the Outlook Calendars to check out the carts listed below.
The following computer carts will not be used for centralized testing and can be checked out by teachers for classroom use during the SOL window. Please remember to indicate how many computers you will be using, if you don't need the whole cart. This lets other classes access the remaining computers.
- Upstairs Hallway Cart B (16 computers)
- Upstairs Hallway Cart C (16 computers)
- MOD B (16 computers)
- MOD C (16 computers)
- Primary Hallway Cart (16 computers)
- iPad Cart
- Tech Room Computers (16 computers) Please coordinate with Stacey Sinclair or Tom Kindregan if you'd like to check these out.
Classroom computers will remain in the classrooms and will also be available during SOLs.
SOL Window May 15-June 9
As we prepare for the upcoming SOLs, we want to share some details about the testing procedures this year:
- Students in grades 3-5 will test in stationary locations in the building. This locations will be the library, Sama’s art room and the computer lab.
- Stacey and Tom will set these locations up on May 9th so they will not be accessible for student or staff use until after the SOL window is completed.
- Sama will come to your classrooms for your regularly scheduled art lessons and Jennifer will do the same for library lessons. Book check out will be available each day when testing in completed. You will need to contact Ms. Kalletta to make arrangements.
- During SOL testing, there will be no black top use during recess due to testing in C-3.
- Classes will go to lunch recess and specials as reflected on the SOL schedule.
Annandale Terrace SOL Review Website
Looking for ways to help your students review? Looking for reteaching resources? The Annandale Terrace SOL Review site is for you!
Third through 5th grade teachers should use this site with their students to help prepare for the SOLs. While SOLPass is available on the site, there are many more helpful resources as well, from review games and videos for students, to formative assessments and lessons straight from eCart that you can use to assist with your planning. ATES staff and students can access this site through Student Pages or by doing the following:
Make sure you are signed into Google on your fcpsschools.net account.
To do this in the Chrome browser, click on the Sign In button and log in. To do this on any other browser, first go to google.com, and then click the Sign In button and log in.
2.Click on this link: www.sites.google.com/fcpsschools.net/atessolreview, or copy and paste the URL into your browser.