greek mythology incorperates concepts that resemble and "Ultimate reality" that even the gods are subject to. The Delphic Oracle told Lydian inquirers that,
~ "no one not even the gods can escape their appointed fate"
the greeks viewd the earth as a flat disk floating on the river of ocean and that first there were divine beings
- the abyss
- earth (gaia)
- love (eros)
spirits, monsters and other mythological creatures.
- Amazons: race of female warriors
- keres: evil female spirits
- medusa: a female monster with hair made of snakes
- satyrs: half man- half goat
- centaurs: half man- half horse
- typhon- disaster or devastation
human nature and purpose of life
belief in the exsistence of a soul separate and distinct
death and the afterlife
the Greek underworld, in mythology, is an other-world where souls go after death, and the original Greek idea of afterlife. at moment of death the soul is separated from the corpse taking on the shape of its former person and is transported to the underworld.