ABOUT TINY ROOM FOR ELEPHANTS: THE COLLECTIVE
Tiny Room For Elephants is a network of creatives that produce art and music experiences year round at Cherry Street Pier.
It all culminates in an annual three day festival designed to showcase and celebrate art and music.
There is one goal in mind for all TRFE activity: to create, document and share culture.
Over the past 5 years, Tiny Room for Elephants has morphed into:
- part artists collective (providing opportunities for collaboration across multiple disciplines)
- part agency (acting as a pipeline between brands/organizations to undiscovered talent)
- part consultant for creatives (offering advice to artists on the business of being creative)
Tiny Room For Elephants is a movement that brings artist and audience together for well-rounded, one of a kind experiences.
ABOUT TINY ROOM FOR ELEPHANTS: THE FESTIVAL
At its core, Tiny Room for Elephants Festival is a living art “gallery” that incorporates styles and mediums of nearly 30 Philadelphia artists. They paint and install amongst each other in the same space over a 10 day period, to a live soundtrack curated by the city's most talented DJs/Producers.
The community is welcome to come witness the construction of the 'gallery' and are encouraged to connect with local makers and see the creative process first hand.
This culminates in a weekend-long 3 day celebration that features live music, DJs, producers, panel discussions, and interactive elements.
TRFE FESTIVAL: 2019 TIMELINE
March 15: Artist Meet and Greet
April 4-7: Move In, Build
April 8-17: Invited artists begin to design/paint the 'room'. Build installations. DJs come in to live spin during each paint day.
April 18: Final day of set up
April 19: Opening Party (Open Bar 6p-8p)
- 6p: Doors
- 7p-8p: Standing Room Only, A Wearable Art Show
- 8p-10p: Artist Reception
- Performances by Camp Candle, Club Crusades, Eric Boss, Johnny Popcorn
- Open Bar sponsored by: Collective Arts Brewing, Hochstadter's Slow & Low, Tito's Handmade Vodka, YARDS
April 20: Festival Programming (live music/DJs/panels)
- 9a: DayBreaker
- 1p-9p: Performances by- Aime, Drew Mills, Emynd, Eric Boss, Expo, Femi, Hezekiah, Jabair, Jay Kountree, John Morrison, Kayin x Sylo, Killiam Shakespeare, Kingsley Ibeneche, Mellowbastard, Pierson, Queen Jo, Rover Rover, Shane tha Great, Tha Riva, The Bul Bey
- Interactive Elements: Live screen printing w/ Do It Now
April 21: Family Fun Day
- 12p-6p: Sundae & Friends w/ Lee Jones
- Interactive Elements: Easter Egg Hunt, Kid's Sip n' Paint
April 22-23: Open Exhibition
April 24-25: Breakdown/Load Out
Ongoing all 4/20 Weekend: #TRFE19 Under $100: Festival Gift Shop
TRFE FESTIVAL: HOW WE DO IT
- 3 sided "room" is built (each side of the wall are 10 ft high x 24 ft panels)
- A mix of visual artists (all levels, all mediums) are carefully curated and invited to leave their mark in or on the room
- DJs/Producers are curated and invited to create the soundtrack of the room
- The process is documented via live stream and recap clips from the first day of build, to breakdown
TRFE FESTIVAL: WHY DO WE DO IT
- To provide the city a festival experience with direct access to art/artist, music/musicians
- To offer a unique voice and perspective (we often showcase artists/musicians that have never before exhibited/performed)
- To celebrate visual artists and musicians by giving them a well deserved platform to exhibit and sell art
- To produce content for artists, by artists
- To create mutually beneficial relationships between brands/organizations and creatives
- To create, document, preserve and share culture
VALUE PROPOSITION: Tiny Room for Elephants has value for artists, audiences and brands/organizations.
- opportunities for commisioned work with brands, city, residential clients
- chance to sell work
- free professionally produced videos of their participation
- collaboration with various artists across multiple disciplines
- space to create
- exposure to a wider audience
- a chance to be celebrated
- direct accessibility to art/artists, emerging music/musicians
- unique experience
- meaningful dialogue
- pipeline to undiscovered talent
- platform to enhance future activations (artists lounges at festivals, curated art for venues, etc...)
CHECK OUT OUR SOCIAL!
INTERESTED IN COLLABORATING?
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org!