The Litchfield Elementary School District neither endorses nor sponsors the organization or activity represented in this document. The distribution of this material is provided as a community service.
The Electronic Backpack provides you with a list of many activities and classes available for your child. From chess clubs to flag football, there are many opportunities to choose from.
Community Education Night-Protect Your Child's Innocence in a Digital World!
- Date: 05/03/2017 (Wed.)
- Time: 6:00pm - 7:30pm PDT
- Location: 4095 N 144th Ave, Goodyear, AZ 85395
- LINK to RSVP: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c094faead2caafa7-protect
Digital Safety with Chris Panneton-Protecting Their Innocence in a Digital World
Western Sky Middle School is pleased to welcome back Mr. Chris Panneton as he shares valuable information to help us keep our children digitally safe. Please join us as we learn how specific apps can hide information, perpetrators can easily access personal information to exploit children, and inappropriate use of technology can result in criminal charges. This course will cover sensitive topics that include graphic information.
This workshop is FREE and open to the public. It is perfect for anyone who works with or cares for children. Parents, grandparents, and guardians are all encouraged to join. All participants will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course. Educators will receive 1.5 hours of professional development.
- Parents are encouraged to bring children.
- Childcare is provided for children potty trained and older.
- **6th to 8th grade students are welcome and encouraged to join his or her family in listening to the presentation.
- Snacks and water provided.
Being the parent of a young child is an important job, but it isn’t an easy one. To help parents meet the challenge, the First Things First Parent Kit is now available online at www.FirstThingsFirst.org/Parent-Kit
Medical Care For Children
Visit the pediatric primary care clinic located at PH Gonzales Elementary School (in the Welcome Center) where they provide free medical care for uninsured/ underinsured children. Our services include sick care, well exams/sports and camp physicals, and immunizations. I have attached our clinic information. Please feel free to share this information with any interested families or staff. Interested families can schedule appointments by calling 480-412-6344.
Foster, Kinship and Adoption Resources
- AZ Donations for Foster/Kinship Families provides free high quality donations of clothing, toys, bottles, formula, strollers, books, shoes and more. Families just join the Facebook Page and schedule a delivery: West Valley Donations for Foster Families (Feel free to share with our GROUP Homes)
- Foster Care, Kinship and Adoption Support Groups available at no cost at Desert Springs Community Church, 14440 W. Indian School Rd. Contact Lori Britt at LBritt@cox.net for further details. (religious affiliation not required)