Good People, Good Horses, Good Horsemen. We build personal and lasting relationships through honesty and transparency in all dealings; living and practicing the philosophy of the Agency's founder, Joseph Lannon Taylor, who inspired horsemen to always find a better way. We treat customers and team members like our own family, inspiring people to seek to be part of our culture which sees each person through an eternal perspective.
Vice President of Marketing and Public Sales Operations
Mark is the youngest of the Taylor brothers. He graduated from Clemson University in 1992. After working for Hall of Fame trainer Ron McAnally in California as well as Satish Seemar in Dubai, Mark returned to Taylor Made full-time in 1994. Mark became Vice President of Public Sales in 2000. Mark married his wife Julia in 1997 and they have been blessed with two boys, Christopher Walker (2000) and Joseph Lannon Taylor II (2003).
- Favourite sports teams? Clemson Tigers and Kentucky Wildcats
- Favourite horses? Roaring Lion and Unbridled’s Song
- Most memorable moment in the business? Seeing Havre De Grace and Songbird sell for $10,000,000 and $9,500,000 respectively
- Favourite movie / food? American Hustle / Italian
- Favourite racetrack? Saratoga
- Hobbies? Music and Clemson Football
- What would you be doing if not in horse business? Anything entrepreneurial....I love serving customers and building a great team
- First job? Picking up rocks aged 5!
Investing and Recruiting Analyst
Phillip grew up in Lexington, and developed a passion for horse racing and handicapping while attending the Keeneland race meet with his father. He began working the sales for Taylor Made in 2004 as part of a co-op programme in high school. When Medallion Racing started in 2016, Phillip was the ideal person to lead this new partnership. His passion for racing and dedication to customer service have helped drive the Medallion Racing experience, and success of the horses purchased on the track. Phillip lives in Lexington with his wife Taylor.
- Favourite sports team? Chelsea FC, Los Angeles Dodgers and University of Kentucky
- Favourite horses? Frankel and Giants Causeway
- Most memorable moment in the business? Walking over from the backside with Sassy Sienna for this year's KY Oaks is something I will never forget. There are 130,000+ people at Churchill, and was an atmosphere unlike any other
- Favourite movie / food? Favourite movie has to be the Godfather, and favourite food is anything grilled
- Favourite racetrack? Santa Anita
- Hobbies? Cooking, watching sports, growing vegetables
- What would you be doing if not in horse business? Teaching middle school and coaching youth swimming
- First job? Giving swim lessons