There are many types of videos that you can make for your business.
- Company Profile Video
- Education Video
- Brand Video
- Testimonial Video
- Teaser Videos for Social Media
- Explainer Video
- Product Video
- Internal Training Video
- Promotional Video
Knowing and understanding the type of video you’re making from the start will help you stay focused. We start the video production process by establishing a main goal.
It helps your team focus on a common goal throughout the process"
To help you get clear on your main goal, use this guide below which includes example answers.
- Specific - create a video for social media that generates 10 new sales leads per month
- Measurable - we receive enquiries via Facebook & LinkedIn
- Achievable - Yes, we have an in-house film crew and a Facebook & LinkedIn page
- Relevant - This will help us achieve our monthly KPI’s
- Time Based - We need to have a video live by the middle of next month
Now there are many ways you can write a script for a video. I will share with you the most effective format to writing a video script for business. It’s called an AV Script (Audio/Visual Script).
AV Scripts combine visual references, narration, dialogue, music, time codes all on a simple document.
- Start by creating an AUDIO column which is where you will put only audio cues such as narration, character dialogue, music and sound effects.
- Create a VIDEO column parallel to the audio column. Insert and match your visual reference to your audio cues.
Our Editing Approach
- Often, ‘less is more’. In a scene, make sure you have enough information to tell your story though not too much where it becomes boring.
- Music is powerful when combined with video. Attempt to edit your visuals in sync with your soundtracks melody or percussion.
- Visual effects & titles are there to complement the story, not distract the viewer - use them wisely.
- Get your trusted friends and colleagues to watch your edit and provide honest feedback - then listen to them!
Created with images by Allie Smith - "Behind the scenes of videographer Cory of Know Budget Films" • KAL VISUALS - "untitled image" • Austin Distel - "If you use this photo, I would be very appreciative if you would please credit in the caption or meta to "www.useproof.com"." • Jakob Owens - "Tank Edit"