I am excited to present to you a once in a lifetime chance to travel with the Big Phat Band on our upcoming trip to Havana, Cuba! This amazing trip will allow us to experience Havana together as we headline the Havana International Jazz Plaza Festival and celebrate the release of our new CD, The Gordian Knot, at an exclusive CD release party at the legendary Cuban Art Factory.
I have been inspired by Cuban music for many years and it has had a large influence on the music of the Big Phat Band. We'd like you to join us this coming January as we enjoy several power-packed days of culture, music, and magic in Havana.
There are many deep cultural synergies between Cuba and Los Angeles, and we are truly looking forward to connecting with our Cuban friends on a personal and musical level. And you can be there at our side on this amazing journey!
We have so many exciting events in store on this trip, please explore this site for details.
I hope that you will join us for this tremendous experience.
Leader, the Big Phat Band
Double Occupancy: $4,650
Single Occupancy: $5,065
Spots will be given on a first-come-first serve basis. We encourage you to sign up while there is still availability.
PAYMENT SCHEDULE: Deposits of $750 are due to Project Por Amor within two weeks after registering and full payment of the final balance is due to Project Por Amor by December 15, 2019. Changes and cancellations before October 8 will be refunded based on the refund policy found in the Terms and Conditions.
Accommodations are at the historic and charming Hotel Nacional. Opened in 1930, the iconic Hotel Nacional de Cuba is perched high on a hill, towering over Havana’s scenic malecón seawall. It’s home to Art Deco, Mozarb (Spanish-Christian), Hispano-Moresque, neoclassical and neocolonial architecture, making it one of the most eclectic hotels in all of Cuba.
For more information on any aspect of this trip, please contact Sage Lewis at Project Por Amor by telephone: 310-961-1574 or email: email@example.com
Program Price Includes
- Cuban Visa and U.S. licensing paperwork for Support for the Cuban People travel
- Airfare assistance and pre-trip guidance on how to prepare for Cuba
- Airport assistance in Havana on arrival
- Medical insurance in Cuba
- Accommodations for four nights and daily breakfast at the historic Hotel Nacional
- Luxury motor coach transportation with chauffeur for four days
- 10 meals at select "paladares" (4 dinners, 2 lunches, 4 breakfasts)
- 24-hour program management by expert U.S. tour managers and professional Cuban guide
- Exclusive travel experiences with Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band
- Big Phat Band's record release party of the Gordian Knot at the Fabrica de Arte Cubano
- Havana Jazz Plaza Festival all access pass
- Two Big Phat Band live concerts
- An exciting visit to the Amadeo Roldan Music Conservatory with the Big Phat Band
- Curated insider activities such as live private performances by Camarata Romeu, Jam sessions, city tours, museums, Cuban music lecture, gallery and artist studio visits, and shopping opportunities
- Time to explore Havana and attend Jazz Festival
Program Price Does Not Include
- Airfare to and from Cuba
- Tips for Cuban tour guide, chauffeur, and hotel services
- Trip interruption insurance
- All other items not listed in ‘PROGRAM PRICE INCLUDES’
Legal Travel to Cuba
We have designed this trip so that it is compliant with the latest (June 6th, 2019) travel restrictions to Cuba. Our trip fully adheres to the US Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) §515.574 General License for Support for the Cuban People and §515.564 General License for Professional Research categories of legal travel to Cuba. Each traveler agrees to engage in a full-time schedule of activities that result in meaningful interaction with individuals and professionals in Cuba, enhance contact with the Cuban people, and support civil society in Cuba. Staying in US approved hotels or Cuban Casas Particulares, eating at privately owned Cuban restaurants (paladares), shopping at privately owned stores run by self-employed Cubans (cuentapropistas), exchanging with Cuban artists, and engaging in our cultural program that provide renewal for the Cuban people are an important part of this program.
About Project Por Amor
We are an artist-run production and travel organization with over twenty years of experience who harnesses the power of arts and culture to bring Cubans and Americans together. Through our extensive production experience and unique network throughout the island we design custom delegations for US professionals to visit Cuba and pioneer new partnerships with its creative community. We are fully licensed by the US Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control to legally bring U.S. citizens to Cuba on Support for the Cuban People, Professional Research, and Public Performance exchanges CST2131480-40. For more information visit projectporamor.com
Photos by Brandise Danesewich @antimodel and Project Por Amor @projectporamor