8 things you need to know about Marching BandBy: Isabelle Gamard
What is Marching Band?Marching Band is a group in which instrumental musicians perform for entertainment along with the Color Guard. Here are 8 things you need to know about Marching Band
Super Mario Show
Never be late or missing to a band practice. If you miss practice, it's like you miss 3 days of practice. The amount of work you learn in one practice is a lot. Therefore, it is best to not miss practice since you'll be stressed out from catching up. Same goes if you are late to practice. It's better to be 15 minutes early before the actual call time. If you're early you're on time, if you're on time you're late, if you're late you're left behind.
Never be late or Miss practice
2. BRING WATER and SUNSCREEN Water and Sunscreen is a must in Marching Band. You don't wanna come home from practice with a 3rd degree burn and dehydrated. You'll be out in the sun all day so you need to put on lots of sunscreen and drink lots of water to get through the day.
3. Never run in uniform Running in uniform can cause multiple problems. What happens if you trip and fall? What happens if you rip your uniform? If you don't want these casualties to happen then don't run.
4. Make new Friends When in Marching Band, It's best to meet new people and make lots of new friends. Basically they will become your second family so don't be afraid to step up and make new friends!
5. Strong physically and mentally Being in Marching Band of course is a lot of hard work. You got make sure that your're strong and in shape but also gotta be strong mentally. Marching Band can take a toll on your life so it can get stressful, but it does make you an even stronger person.
Mentally and Physically
6. No eating in uniformThis has the same concept as to No running in uniform except you just can't eat. While eating in uniform, you could possibly spill and stain your uniform, that would not be good before a performance.
7. TeamworkA lot of teamwork is required in Marching Band. If you bail out, then you let the whole team down. Every individual has an important role, and together it makes us better and stronger.
8. Have Fun Most importantly, you gotta have fun in Marching Band! Your hard work will definitely pay off at the end! Going to competitions with all your friends and having an amazing experience!