In February, our annual North American Group Sales Seminar was held at the beautiful new Salamander resort, The Henderson. This was an opportunity for our team to spend quality time with the participating hotel partners and to re-energize each other for a successful 2017.
Recently opening its doors in November 2016, The Henderson is our newest gem in Destin, Florida. Below are a few highlights of the hotel that stuck with me:
- Steps away from the beach - I had never seen the beaches in Destin, but it was wonderful to see what everyone raved about for years – white powdery sand and emerald green water was just gorgeous. I now understand why this is one of America’s highest-rated beaches.
- This 170-guestroom resort has sweeping views of the Gulf of Mexico and pristine sand dunes.
- Rooms have a thoughtful and residential feel which can make guests truly feel that they have arrived at their home away from home.
Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa is one of our largest Forbes 5-Star properties in our collection with over 300 rooms and a 10,000 sq. ft ballroom on the beach.
This property recently completed a full renovation in partnership with Jonathan Adler. Adler’s viewpoint is that hotels should provide the comfort of home while delivering fun touches of theatricality, both in color and texture. Fortunately for us, this is evident throughout the property.
- Guestrooms are decorated with ocean blue color schemes, luxurious furniture, and amusing artwork that completely won me over.
- The property’s look and feel is all about the beach and the water. There are a lot of blues (sea and sky), white (clouds), and yellow (sunshine) to mirror the landscape.
- Amenities include: spa cabanas, fire pits, state-of-the-art everything, and comfortable areas for relaxation
- Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa the perfect setting for retreats or business conferences alike.
I love the fun, cool energy of the Brickell Center in Miami. Fortunately, there are two great Preferred Hotels & Resorts properties within walking distance.
This 352-room hotel opened in May 2016 and has shaken up the hotel offerings in the Brickell area of Miami. While incorporating Miami’s international culture, evidences of Asian influences, mainly from its sister hotels in Hong Kong and Beijing, can be seen throughout this hotel.
- There are two floors (38th and 39th) dedicated exclusively to meeting space. They have a 3300 square foot ballroom with 270-degree views of Brickell.
- Sugar is their rooftop Asian tapas bar, with more breathtaking city views included!
- Their pool deck is on the fifth floor – home to two pools, a hot tub, and a cold plunge – overlooking the shops at Brickell City Centre.
Upon leaving this hotel, I was sure that it left an impression with me. This property is full of drive and imagination, just as the designer intended. If you're looking for a unique venue for your next group, look no further.
- This property is stylish with a modern feel. It’s has a subtle cool vibe that is attractive and intriguing.
- The guestrooms have clean lines and subdued hues of pale pink and grey.
- The rooftop and infinity pool offer views of downtown Miami.
- When you walk into the hotel, there is a feeling like your every move is being watched… Guess what? It is! When you turn around there’s a group of monkeys huddled together, watching you intently from the corner. Not real monkeys, but an interactive art installation by Philippe Starck. If you strike a move, they will too. It’s bizarrely fun, and distinguishes the hotel from other hotels in Miami.
This oceanfront hotel is surrounded by the energy of Miami in its prime location on Collins Avenue. Also designed by the famous Philippe Starck, this fun 140-guestroom hotel might just be the the ideal venue for your next incentive group.
- SLS South Beach is an escape into a world of wonderful cuisine, luxurious accommodations, topnotch service, and exceptional nightlife.
- The ideal group size for this hotel is about 50 people, and is perfect for a small corporate meeting or incentive group.
- There are three onsite dining options, including: Hyde Beach (Spanish / Japanese / American cuisine), Katsuya (Japanese cuisine) and The Bazaar by Jose Andres (Spanish Tapas style) – all giving unique and special experiences to guests.
The Raleigh Miami Beach is a perfect blend of style and comfort. It’s chic yet unpretentious, and historic while tastefully modern.
- This property has been an icon in South Beach since 1940. I loved the retro vibe of this hotel!
- Located right next door to the SLS South Beach, this property is also in a prime location, and right on the beach!
- The ideal group size for this property is about 30 people, as this is a little boutique gem in the heart of the action.
The Palms Hotel & Spa sits on the tranquil northern end of South Beach, just minutes away from all of the attractions the area has to offer. The relaxation feeling that emits from this property will help any group be productive in a stress-free environment.
- This 251-guestroom hotel is decorated with tropical color schemes of green and orange.
- The meeting space was just renovated and two of their ballroom have natural light with large windows.
- Beachfront property with private beach access
- Friendly and attentive staff
- The Palms Hotel & Spa strives to create an experience of total well-being, inspired by nature.