The City of Fort Saskatchewan is a vibrant economic and cultural hub located just 15 minutes’ northeast of Edmonton on the banks of the North Saskatchewan River. Home to more than 24,000 people, the City proudly manages state of the art recreation, culture and historic amenities including 75 km of outdoor trails, a performing arts theatre and fitness centre within the Dow Centennial Centre and the 1875 – 1885 NWMP Fort Precinct and Museum in historic downtown. It sits in the midst of Alberta’s Industrial Heartland, Canada’s largest hydrocarbon processing region, home to 45+ world-class companies and 5 municipalities.
Fort Saskatchewan has its own acute care hospital providing 24-hour emergency services as well as a wide variety of walk in clinics, family doctors, dentists, optometrists and various other health care providers. Equipped with 4 major grocery stores including a Wal-Mart Supercentre all shopping can be done in Fort Saskatchewan if desired. In addition to all the services offered by a small city, our proximity to Edmonton and Sherwood Park (a large urban centre within Strathcona County) provide an abundance of choice opportunities for residents.
Fort Saskatchewan boasts public, Catholic and french immersion schools including a publicly funded K-9 Christian school associated with our church. Filled with family friendly parks, a wide variety of sports clubs, festivals, parades and celebrations all year round, it is a safe and caring place to raise a family!
The culture of Fort Saskatchewan is fairly conservative with a strong emphasis on community spirit, volunteerism and family wellness. The city offers an impressive network of support organizations.
Love God. Love Others. Serve Like Christ. Reach the World.
Fort Saskatchewan Alliance Church exists, through the work of the Holy Spirit, to make fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ, who are growing in their love for God and their love for one another.
Fort Saskatchewan Alliance Church (FSAC) is an established community of believers from all walks of life and demographics. We have two Sunday morning services that see an average weekend attendance of 257. The church enjoys a good reputation within the city, and is particularly known among government and private social services network as a solid contributor and participant, offering resources and finances.
Fort Saskatchewan Alliance Church has been without a Lead Pastor since July of 2017. In August 2017, the Board of Elders invited a transitional pastor to pursue an intentional transition process that would help prepare the church for a thoughtful pastoral search from a posture of health. We currently have a united and healthy staff team that are motivated to meet the spiritual, emotional, and physical needs of the community. These include two full time pastors (Community Life Pastor and Children & Youth Pastor), one full-time Financial Administrator, one full time Administrative Assistant and a part-time custodian. We are pleased to provide small groups, children's ministry, youth ministry, men's, women's, seniors and young adult ministry, MOPS and a growing worship ministry. We passionately engage in both local and global outreach & missions.
FSAC is looking for a lead pastor with a collaborative, transparent leadership style who owns the shared vision.
- An attitude of humble dependence on God and a desire to empower others to serve the church.
- A person who demonstrates a consistent pattern of integrity and transparency.
- A person who demonstrates a self-disciplined life through the ability to manage time well, to follow through, and get things done.
- A person of strong biblical foundation, walking in godliness, sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit, and devoted to prayer.
- An emotionally healthy leader with a secure sense of their identity.
- A person who prefers to get things done by working together collaboratively with others.
- A person with strong leadership gifting and proven ability to reproduce leaders.
- A gifted communicator, able to preach strong, biblically grounded, relevant messages with the goal of life transformation.
- A person with an ability to lead the church on mission, living their faith within the community and seeking to serve their needs.
- A person who is capable of leading a major building campaign.
- A person equipped and experienced as a team builder, who develops healthy ministry groups and empowers ministry leaders.
- A person who will love the church and see that it receives shepherd care.
- A person whose life is balanced both in his role within his family and in his church life.
- A person comfortable connecting with people.
- A person who will lead the elder’s board in communicating the vision of Fort Saskatchewan Alliance Church.
- Applicants are required to be licensed with the Christian and Missionary Alliance and ordained or prepared to pursue ordination with the C&MA.
- A willingness to sign the C&MA “A Call to Excellence” document.
- A deep commitment to the core values and theology of the Christian and Missionary Alliance and a desire to participate in denominational initiatives.
- Educational requirements in keeping with C&MA policy (theological training at a Bachelor degree level or higher from an accredited school, or acceptable equivalents.)
Created with images by barskefranck - "mammal prairie lawn" • .:shauna:. - "smag or is it gmag? and do I really want to know what it is slang for?" • Jonathan Brinkhorst - "untitled image"