• The Work-Based Learning Duel Enrollment course has expanded to multiple sections giving students the opportunity to engage in real-world work experience for college credit
• Added RTI Coaches and Interventionists at each of the schools
• Developed Leadership and Fine Arts Academies at the high school level as well as middle school versions of both Honors and Leadership Academies.
• All three high school academies have added practicum requirements (internships, service/ academic project, and job shadowing)
• GMSD routinely hires three students in the world-based learning program as public relations interns
• Recent partnership with local vendor and departments to hire several students part time to assist with the Nutrition program at our schools
• Both STEM and Health Sciences have grown to include a four-year pathway with culminating EPSO experiences
• The STEM Lab and Mechatronics Lab are both currently being renovated for upgraded functioning and lab equipment for both four-year pathways
GMSD was ranked the #1 school system in TN by Niche.com, and in the top 2% of districts nationally.
Memphis Business Journal recognized HHS as both the Most Challenging High School and the #1 Best Public High School.
The Memphis Flyer recently recognized Houston High School ad Best Public High School in the Best of Memphis 2020 competition.
GMSD has the ability to collaborate with special interest groups
Our annual Back to the Hill Breakfast event puts the municipal school boards in direct contact with state legislators as they head into session.
Senior Citizens Go Back to School Bus Tour focuses on helping our seniors plug into their local schools