What is healthy eating?
A brief definition would be eating a variety of different foods that give you the nutrients you need to be healthy. Some of these nutrients are protein, carbohydrates, fat, minerals, and many other nutrients. People who eat healthy are generally more physically fit and are normally more healthy.
Don't eat less, eat healthier
Benefits of Healthy Eating and Consequences for Not Eating Healthy
Healthy eating Benefits
- Reduces chances of heart disease including heart attack and stroke.
- Eating healthy foods like vegetables helps to prevent you from getting cancer.
- Reduces the risk of being overweight.
- Increases productivity meaning that you'll get things done easier.
- Eating healthy keeps you happy. For example, eating healthy foods means that you're getting more dopamine. Dopamine is a thing in your brain that helps you be happy.
- Eating healthy helps you to live longer. Studies show that the more healthier you eat, the longer life expectancy you'll get.
Consequences for not eating healthy
- It increases the chance that you'll get chronic illnesses like diabetes and cancer.
- Eating unhealthy may result in an increase in weight.
- Decreases the energy you'll have throughout your daily life.
- Increases the likelihood to be stressed.
- Shortens your life expectancy.