- Midterm Response due next Monday at 6:30pm
- Topic approvals for informative speeches due Sunday at 11:59pm
- Impromptu speeches from speech day 1 graded
- (BTW... IT'S A PRETTY PACKED DAY TODAY...)
- Finish impromptu speeches
- Discuss the role of audience
- Discuss how to choose topics
- Identify the difference between general purpose and specific purpose
- Review Info Speech Guidelines
ROLE OF THE AUDIENCE
What types of people make up an audience?
Why do you think it is important to consider who is in the audience?
SELECTING A TOPIC
What is the difference between general purpose and specific purpose?
What are the types of informative speeches?
What are some things you think a speaker should consider when selecting a topic?
INFORMATIVE SPEECH GUIDELINES
SPEECH TOPIC EXERCISE
- What is something that you are passionate about in this world?
- What is something that pisses you off?
- What is something that makes you really happy?
- What is something that confuses you, but you want to know more about?