4 Similarities Between Asian Americans and Laborers During WWII
- Both Asian Americans and Laborers worked hard during World War II.
- Laborers and Asian Americans both worked on jobs that required manual labor.
- They were both being discriminated against. Asian Americans wanted to be treated fairly and not be discriminated against and laborers who wanted better pay and safer working conditions.
- Women were represented in both groups.
3 Differences Between Asian Americans and Laborers During WWII
- Asians Americans and Laborers both had different cultures ( Japanese Internment Camps).
- Laborers were fighting equal wages and Asian Americans were fighting stereotypes.
- They both had different perspectives about the war.
Treatment of Laborers During WWII
- During WWII, Laborers were treated unfairly and they got paid very little.
- Their response to the unfair treatment and little pay was boycotting for what they believe in.
Laborers Contribution During WWII
- Laborers built weapons, uniforms and heavy artillery while keeping factories running.
- Laborers played an important role because they provided supplies such as food, gas and clothing and support during the war by contributing to the war effort.
Slogan: "Together We Win!"
Treatment of Asian Americans During WWII
- For Example, Japanese Americans were evicted out of their homes and forced to live in internment camps.
- Their response to the wrongful treatment was protesting for better treatment.
Asian Americans Contribution During WWII
- Asian Americans contributed by joining the Armed Forces as well as fighting in the war.
- They would pass on vital information of the enemy while on the front lines.
Slogan: "We Want To Be Treated Equally!"
Laborers- Laborers are very hard working and helped contribute during the war, producing weapons,uniforms,heavy artillery and other war related items.
Asian Americans- Japanese Americans were discriminated against and forced into internment camps with their families including small children.Chinese and Filipino Americans fought during the war.