Welcome to the 2021/2022 School Year!
Head Room Parents - Welcome back to school Schroeder families! We are looking for volunteers to be Head Room Parents for this year! We will need one or two parents from each class to support our teachers in planning and executing class parties. The details of what these class parties will look like are still being worked out. Stay tuned for further communication! If you are interested in being a Room Parent or have questions about what being a Room Parent entails, please send an email to Anne Barauskas at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Core Values - We have done a tremendous amount of work teaching our students about our core values. Our core values are KINDNESS, PERSEVERENCE and RESPECT. We will continue our journey in embedding the Schroeder core values into our daily practices. Our core values help make Schroeder a great place to learn!
Student Drop Off Lane - Parking is not permitted in the drop off zone during the morning entry. This area is for parents who wish to stay in their vehicle and allow their child to exit the car and cross at the crosswalk with the safeties.
- Pull all the way to the end of the drop off lane.
- Pull up to the drop off curb and allow your child to exit the vehicle on passenger side.
- Adults should remain in the car. Please have your child ready to exit the car before you pull up to the drop off area.
- You must park your car if you wish to walk your child to their classroom line. Remember to only park in a legal parking zones.
- Be aware of other vehicles and walkers when pulling out of the drop off lane.
- Please be efficient when using the drop off zone. We need morning drop off to be an efficient, but safe routine. Please be patient, especially during the first few days of school while parents are learning the drop off procedure.
Morning Entry - Now that we have some time in school, it is beneficial to continue to make progress in teaching our students to be independent. Allow students to lead the way when walking to the class line-up location. Let them show you the way and how to get to their line-up location. We know many of you will allow your children to take the bus or use the drop-off zone and walk independently to the class. Please remember that we have adult supervision starting at 9:00am and will help students when needed. As students become more independent, we will be able to conduct a more organized student entry. We have already made great progress in this area! When the bell rings, please allow the teacher to tend to the students without distraction. We want our students to enter the school and immediately begin our morning class routine.
Indoor Morning Line-Up - In the event of rain or extremely cold weather, we will conduct indoor line-up. All students will enter through the front doors and line up in the hallway/common area at their classrooms. Teachers will supervise students during this time. Parents may walk their child to the doors, but should not enter the school.
Parking - It is important to park in legal parking locations around the school. Please do not park on the grass area or no parking zones. If you park in the street, please remember to park in legal parking spaces and be courteous of our Schroeder neighbors. Parking is only permitted in the drop-off lane at dismissal.
Crosswalk - When you park your vehicle and walk to the school, remember to use the crosswalk. DO NOT CROSS THE BUS LOOP AT THE SIDES OF THE LOT. USE THE CROSSWALK ONLY. DO NOT WALK BETWEEN BUSES. Parents of kindergarten students using the parking lot, should park and walk down to the crosswalk to enter the school. This will take an extra minute and a little extra effort, but it will help practice safe procedures for everyone at Schroeder.
Authorization for Medication - If you child needs to take medication during the school day, an Authorization for Medication Form must be completed, signed by a physician and returned to the office. We cannot administer medication without this completed form. The form is available on the Troy District website: website:(https://www.troy.k12.mi.us/parents/medication-authorization-fare-allergy-forms). A new form must be completed every year. It is also important to immediately bring your child's medication to the office. We have disposed medication from the last school year. It is also important to share any important medical information with your child's teacher.
New Student Allergy Information Survey - Last week, an important allergy information survey was emailed to new students. If you are a new family and your child has a nut allergy, please email Mrs. Ohman at email@example.com.
Attendance Line - If your child will be late or absent from school, please make sure to call the Schroeder attendance line at (248) 823-3601. It is important to call and leave a message before 9:00am. Also, please understand that informing the classroom teacher is helpful, but not enough. We also need parents to call the attendance line.
- Annual Student iPad Responsibility & Optional Insurance Form (All Students) - All families must log-in to the Powerschool Parent Portal and complete the Student iPad Responsibility form. This form must be completed every year. The optional insurance form is also available in the Powerschool Parent Portal. The form and ability to opt-in for insurance will close on September 24th. Once the window closes, only students new to the district will have the option to purchase insurance for the current school year.
- Kindergarten Families - Please note that all kindergarteners will be receiving iPads this year. The TSD Technology Department is planning for an end of September/early October roll out. More details coming soon. Remember to complete the Annual Student iPad Responsibilty form and optional insurance form in the Powerschool Parent Portal. The form and ability to opt-in for insurance will close on September 24th. Once the window closes, only students new to the district will have the option to purchase insurance for the current school year.
- New Families (Not Kindergarten) - New 1st grade through 5th grade families may now pick-up an iPad from the The TSD Technology Department. Please call ahead with your child's name, grade and school for quicker service. Remember to complete the Annual Student iPad Responsibilty form and optional insurance form in the Powerschool Parent Portal prior to your arrival. The form and ability to opt-in for insurance will close on September 24th. Once the window closes, only students new to the district will have the option to purchase insurance for the current school year.
Technology, PowerSchool and Schoology - If you require assistance or have any questions in regards to technology (like iPads) or Powerschool please make note of the following help resources below. Please include your child's name, grade and school in the correspondence for easier replies!
MENU CHANGE FOR SEPTEMBER 13th AND 14th - Challenges regarding supply chains, a nationwide labor shortage and school lunches meals being free nationwide, has resulted in countless product substitutions. Thank you for your understanding as menus may change on short notice. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Monday, September 13th - Turkey Corn Dogs
- Tuesday, September 14th - Hamburgers / Cheeseburgers