WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS COURSE!
Students will develop the skills, knowledge, post-secondary and industry expertise needed to create visual concepts that capture the emotional core of your story. Embrace and Imagine new worlds, full of characters, vehicles, props and environment. Dream of designing the creative blue-prints for animations, visualize stories for film, shows, apps and games.
TIME FOR AN INSPIRATIONAL MOMENT
“This film was really born from watching our kids grow up, which is not easy,” the writer-director said in his speech. “Anyone out there who’s in junior high, high school, working it out, suffering — there are days you’re gonna feel sad, you’re gonna feel angry, you’re gonna be scared. That’s nothing you can choose, but you can make stuff. Make films. Draw. Write. It’ll make a world of difference.” - Pete Doctor
CONCEPT ART & DESIGN OUTLINE
This Concept Art course provides the opportunity for students to explore a blend of digital image creation techniques and traditional theory to create original characters, scenes, settings, props, environments and concepts for animations and games. The main goal of the course is to develop the student’s creative skills while exploring the drawing, digital painting, 2D environment creation, 3D models, & Practical Effects This stand-alone ICT course is made up of the following 2 half credit ICT framework courses: Desktop Publishing (DPHR35S) and Print Communication (PCHR25S).
ASSESSMENT & UNIT BREAKDOWN
- Unit 1 - Fundamentals of Drawing & Digital Painting - 20%
- Unit 2 - Visual Story-telling through Storyboarding, Colour Scripts & Animatics- 20%
- Unit 3 - Concept Design - 20%
- Portfolio - 10%
- Summative Unit - 30%
RECOMMENDED COURSE MATERIAL
- One USB drive ( 8 GB or 16 GB)
- Many Pencils (drawing artist pencils are preferred) and a sharpener
- Copic Manga Manuscript Paper & Animation Paper recommended (Artist Emporium on St. James). Do not purchase until after first class.
- A large format Sketchbook is optional for those interested in going into Animation or Art after high school
ONLINE COURSE CONTENT