How the holy spirit guides the church
- Towards the end of Jesus' Ministry, He promised the Apostles to send the Holy Spirit to Direct and guide their work and fulfilled their promise on the Pentecaust (Ave Maria Press; Jesus and the Church)
- The Pentecaust is the day the Holy Spirit descended upon the Apostles and gave them the strength and guidance they needed to preach Jesus'message. (Ave Maria Press; Jesus and the Church)
- The mission of Christ and the Holy Spirit join together as one in the in the Church. It serves as the body to house the Holy Spirit. This joint mission brings Christ's faithful to share in his communion with the Father in the Holy Spirit. ( CCC 737)
- As Christians, we are all brought together by the message of Christ and the Holy Spririt.
- For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit. ( 1 Corinthians 12:13)
How the Holy Spirit Guides the Modern Church
- The Holy Spirit helps empower the Church fulfill its mission of living as the Body of Christ (Ave Maria Press; Jesus and the Church)
- According to Saint Augustine and the Catachism of the Catholic Church, "What the soul is to the human body, the Holy Spirit is to the Body of Christ, which is the Church." (CCC 797; Sermo 267)
- However, in 1 Corinthians 6:19, Scripture shows us that not only does the Church house the Holy Spirit, but it lives in each and every one of us.
- "What the soul is to the human body, the Holy Spirit is to the Body of Christ, which is the Church."
How the Holy Spirit present in the Modern Church
- The Holy Spirit is always present with God's people and reminds us of all that Jesus said and did
- The Holy Spirit also inspiresunity, worship and service. It allows us to open up to the Spirit's leadership
- The Holy Spirit is present when we receive the Sacraments
How the Holy Spirit is a Contribution of Jesus and his Ministry
- As it says in the Catechism of the Catholic Church, "the Spirit is inseparable from them, in both the inner life of the Trinity and his gift of love for the world." (CCC 689)
- Jesus and the Holy Spirit are one, meaning that Jesus lives within the Holy Spirit guiding us to fulfill the challenge that he gave us at the end of his time on earth
In Ephesians, Jesus tells us that the Holy Spirit will comfort us when we're hurting. It also helps us recall the things we've learned about God. The Holy Spirit is even referred to as a counselor to guide us through life (Ephesians 5:18)
The Holy Spirit lives in me, showing me right from wrong and steering my in the direction of the Lord. Sometimes the noise of everyday life and all the distractions around me cause me to stray from God's path. The Holy Spirit keeps me grounded in his word and helps me grow into a compassionate Christian, fulling the mission Jesus had given all of us