CINCINNATI -- There is a reason Cincinnati Beer Week, now in its sixth year, keeps getting bigger: The number of breweries in the region continues to grow.
The new breweries
Here are all the new breweries that have opened since the last edition of Cincinnati Beer Week, which took place June 16-25, 2016.
Nine Giant Brewing will celebrate its first year of business during Cincinnati Beer Week 2017. The microbrewery, located at 6095 Montgomery Road in Pleasant Ridge, opened on June 26, 2016.
Darkness Brewing, located at 224 Fairfield Ave. in Bellevue, has become a neighborhood favorite. The nanobrewery is open seven days a week and dog-friendly.
After a few delays, Woodburn Brewery held its grand opening on Aug. 26, 2016, at 2800 Woodburn Ave. in East Walnut Hills and has been busy ever since.
Streetside Brewery is a family-owned business. Kathie and Brian Hickey opened the brewery at 4003 Eastern Ave. in Columbia Tusculum on Oct. 7, 2016. Their son, Garrett Hickey, is Streetside's lead brewer.
Photo courtesy the Journal-News
Since opening on Oct. 7 at 3387 Cincinnati-Dayton Road in Middletown, FigLeaf Brewery has announced plans to produce small batches of wine as well as beer.
Wooden Cask opened on Nov. 12, 2016, at 629 York St. in Newport with a lineup of English, Irish, Scottish and Belgian-style beers on tap. The brewery focuses on traditional styles, according to the owner Randy Schiltz.
The dream of two brothers and their friends, Queen City Brewery of Cincinnati opened at 11253 Williamson Road in Blue Ash on Dec. 30, 2016.
So many people came out for Brink Brewing Co.’s Feb. 19, 2017, grand opening at 5905 Hamilton Ave. in College Hill that the brewery closed the following week to brew more beer.
Narrow Path’s location at 106 Karl Brown Way in downtown Loveland along the Little Miami Bike Trail gives it great curb appeal. The brewery held its grand opening on March 18, 2017.
March First Brewing, named after the date Ohio obtained statehood, began beer distribution on March 1, 2017. It opened its taproom at 7885 E. Kemper Road in Sycamore Township on April 28.
The plethora of new breweries has not hurt the business of more established beer makers. Many existing breweries have expanded in the region since the last Cincinnati Beer Week.
Photo courtesy Rivertown Brewery
Rivertown Brewery celebrated the grand opening of its Monroe Barrel House and taproom at 6550 Hamilton-Lebanon Road in Middletown on Jan. 20, 2017. Rivertown's original brewery, which opened at 607 Shepherd Drive in Lockland in 2009, is still open.
MadTree Brewing Co. opened its new "MadTree 2.0" brewery and taproom at 3301 Madison Road in Oakley on Feb. 7, 2017. The grand opening coincided with MadTree's fourth anniversary.
Photo by Liz Engel for WCPO
DogBerry Brewing made its grand re-debut inside a new taproom at 9964 Crescent Park Drive in West Chester on May 26, 2017. Dubbed DB2, the new brewery is twice the size of DogBerry's previous Cincinnati Dayton Road location.
Braxton Brewing Co. opened Braxton Labs, a secondary brewery and taproom, with a party on May 26, 2017. The new space, located at 95 Riviera Drive inside Bellevue’s Party Source, is brewing more experimental beers than Braxton's main Covington taproom, which opened in 2015.
The number of new breweries opening in Cincinnati doesn't appear to be slowing down. These breweries have announced plans to open.
- 13 Below Brewery: 7391 Forbes Road, Sayler Park. June/July grand opening.
- West Side Brewing: 3044 Harrison Ave., Westwood. Grand opening June 30.
- Swine City Brewing: 4614 Industry Drive, Fairfield. Summer grand opening.
- Northern Row Brewing and Distilling: 108 Henry St., Over-the-Rhine. Summer grand opening.
- 16 Lots Brewing Company: 753 Reading Road, Mason. Summer grand opening.
- Sonders Brewing: 8460 Duke Blvd., Deerfield Township. Fall grand opening.
- Fretboard Brewing: 5800 Creek Road, Blue Ash. Fall grand opening.
- Grainworks Brewing Company:7790 Service Center Dr. Unit B, West Chester. Fall grand opening.
- Little Miami Brewing Co.: 208 Mill Street, Milford. Late 2017.
- Rebel Mettle Brewery: 244 W. McMicken Ave., Over-the-Rhine. To be announced.
- Sons of Toil Brewing:14090 Klein Road, Mount Orab. To be announced.
- Humble Monk Brewing Co.: 1641 Blue Rock St., Northside. To be announced.
- Tap & Screw Brewery: 4721 Red Bank Rd, Madisonville. To be announced.
Did we miss a brewery that opened or is in the works? Email Brian Mains at firstname.lastname@example.org and he'll update the list.