weekly school News
** Each week be sure to scroll to the bottom of the weekly newsletter for all kinds of community and extracurricular activities/events (basketball, dance, cheerleading, cross country, etc...)
1. NWEA Testing Window: Any students needing to complete missed/incomplete NWEA testing will do so next week.
2. MIS Robotics Team: Congratulations to our MIS Robotics Team! At the Indian Creek event last Saturday, our Cougar Bots, not only increased their score from the previous competition, but also received the Judge Award. This award recognized them for their leadership, collaboration with other teams as well as for their exemplary effort and sportsmanship throughout the tournament. Well done, Cougar Bots! The team's next competition will be on January 19th at Creston in Warren Township.
3. Kid's Talk Parent Meeting: This meeting will be held in the JBS library on December 17th from 7-8pm. This will be an opportunity for parents to listen to a brief presentation from Julie Coon and ask questions about the Kids Talk program for grades K-6.
4. Breakfast & 2 Hour Delays: In the event of a 2 hour delay this year, breakfast will not be served on these days. This is due to the fact that upon student arrival our lunch staff will already be in the process of prepping lunch.
5. Hat, Mitten and Glove Tree: We are welcoming donations of hats, mittens and gloves to decorate our office tree. All donated items will benefit children/students in need of such items.
6. Safe School Alert: SafeSchools Alert is our district's tip reporting service. If you have information about a threat to our safety, do your part and report it. Please remember, you can remain anonymous. Should you have a need to report an issue, please click on the link below for details on how to do so.
7. #thankfulThursday: As mentioned earlier this year, we had a large group of staff members who met on several occasions over the summer to discuss our old "Behavior Card." The goal was to find a way to make this a more positive communication tool for our parents and students. This card was created as a scaled feedback tool to provide you with, not only the traditional information you have always received, but also a glimpse into the positive choices and leadership that your child is displaying throughout his/her day.
Knowing this, the office staff is requesting your help again. We would like to share with our staff regular, positive feedback from a variety of sources. Please take a few moments and use the link below to provide some encouragement to those folks that are making a major difference in your child's future. These comments can be anonymous, or you can provide your name. The office staff will use the provided comments every Thursday for our #thankfulThursday movement. The attached form can be completed, as little or often as you like, throughout the entire school year. We appreciate your continued support in growing the culture of gratitude that already exists at MIS!!
A couple of comments that have been shared:
"I appreciate how Mrs. Hacker has gone above and beyond to communicate with teachers and parents this year. It's been awesome to see her smiling face and hear her feedback on students!!"
"I know I am not a parent, teacher, IA, (Etc.). But I would to like to inform you about thankful Thursday. Ms. Wagner is a sub for Mrs. Wayne and I wanted to let you know that she is so kind, focused, and even really fun! She is the best substitute, and I know other kids think so too! She works hard and does a great job at doing what is expected!"
8. Gotcha Prize Winners: We would like to recognize the following students for exhibiting great character throughout the week. They were selected as our "Gotcha" prize winners this week:
Izak G., Kate G., Ryan R., Lauryn G., Mylee L., Dylan F., Aiden W., and Spencer A.
9. School Dismissal Manager: Should you still need to sign up for School Dismissal Manager, please click the link below.
10. Volunteer Forms: Click on the link. Once you are on the page, click on the red apply button in the upper right hand corner to complete the process.
Keeping Up With the Latest Information at MIS
Click the button below for more details
- MIS PTO Email Contact: MaxwellPTO.firstname.lastname@example.org
- MIS Twitter Feeds (#proud2bMIS, #MISgotchas)
December 17th: Kid's Talk Parent Meeting (7:00pm - JBS Library)
December 20th: Math Bowl Try-Outs
December 24th-January 2nd: Winter Break
January 7th: School Resumes
OPPORTUNITIES AROUND MIS, GC, AND THE LOCAL COMMUNITY