What is it?
The densiometer is a scientific instrument used for accurately determining whether or not a tree's crown covers a point and should be tallied.
- Look up through the densiometer and make sure it is vertical.
- Make sure the nut/washer is directly below the intersection of the crosshairs at the top of the tube.
- It is recommended that you only use the densiometer for looking UP.
- If vegetation, twigs or branches touch the intersections of the crosshair, it would be recorded as a plus sign (+).
- If vegetation, twigs or branches do not touch the intersections of the crosshair, it would be recorded as a minus sign (-).
The canopy/strip survey was a very fun and educational activity to participate in. It may have took some patience and understanding but we accomplished the task. I'm glad I was able to do it with my friends.