Fill out the Kindergarten registration form (link below)
- The following documents must be provided to the school (shown to school staff, the school will not keep the documents):
- Child's Birth Certificate (Original)
- Two Proofs of Address (utility bill, deed/lease, tax return, voter registration card)
- Photo ID for parent registering student
- Custody Documents (if applicable)
Students will need a Virginia physical to be able to start Kindergarten
Physical Exam and Immunization Certification (required - may be provided after registration, but must be provided before the first day of school). The link below has the necessary forms that you will take to your doctor for completion.
Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
Our FBE F.R.O.G. Expectation Matrix
Odds and Ends...
- All MCPS Schools have an buzz-in entry system.
- To check out your child early, you will need your picture ID.
- Entry to school during school hours (lunch, volunteer, conferences) you will need a government-issued photo ID that is cross-checked with the sexual offender database.
Supplies: Most supplies are purchased through MCPS. Here is a list of what your child will need:
- Plastic pencil box (8x5x2)
- Child-size headphones (please, no ear buds)
- 3 marbled wide-ruled composition notebooks
Extra Change of Clothes:
- Send in a Ziploc bag with your child’s name on it.
- These clothes will be sent home periodically for the seasonal changes.
- Please replace with new ones when the bag comes home!
- Minimum of 40 minutes of physical activity
- Outside (if above 32 degrees and dry)
- Shorts under skirts and dresses PLEASE
- NO FLIP FLOPS or OPEN-TOED SANDALS
- Tennis shoes are highly encouraged for your child’s safety!!
- School day 9:15-3:45
- Doors open at 8:45. Students pick up breakfast and go to their classroom.
- Students enter classroom between 8:45-9:15
- Students are tardy after 9:15. An adult must walk the child to the office to sign them in.
- For security purposes, parents are not to walk their child to classroom. We will have plenty of help to guide them off the buses or out of cars!
- Bus riders will have their bus number written on their hand the first few days of school.
- Please help us foster independence!
- Starts at 3:40 (Car rider, Adventure Club)
- ANY change to dismissal plan MUST be communicated with the office directly
- Send a note any time there is a change in the usual dismissal plan.
- You can also call the front office before 3:15 to change dismissal plans.
- Only the people you designated on the registration packet can check out your child from school.
- Please DO NOT communicate this information through ClassDojo, email, or other online messengers. Communication must go through the front office!
Make sure we can reach you!
If you move or your phone number changes during the summer or during the school year, please let the office know right away. Please keep your email address updated. Your phone number and email address are utilized by our School Messenger system.
We can't wait to see you in Kindergarten!!!!