The Adobe Certified Professional - Marketo Engage Business Practitioner exam guide provides potential candidates with information they need to prepare for the certification exam.
Adobe certification exams are developed with the participation of subject matter experts worldwide, following industry standards in developing fair and valid tests. Visit our FAQ page for more information.
Are you an Adobe partner?
An official Adobe Certified Expert designation acknowledges your established expertise to help current and future business clients succeed!
Partners receive a 33% discount on all certification exam pricing. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your discount(s).
Where to start? Check out the Partner Learner Journey from the Adobe Solution Partner Program today.
Exam Guide Sections:
- Intended audience
- Exam information
- Minimum candidate experience
- Exam objectives and scope
- Online sample test
- Preparing for the exam
- Digital Marketing Associate
- Marketing Automation Specialist
- Marketing Operations Associate
- Email Automation Specialist
- SEO Marketing Associate
- Marketing Student
- Exam number: AD0-E551
- Exam name: Adobe Certified Professional - Marketo Engage Business Practitioner
- Certificate level: Certified Professional
- Status: Active
- Available languages: English, Japanese
- Number of questions: 60
- Formats: Multiple choice and multiple select
- Duration: 120 minutes
- Delivery: Onsite/Online proctored (requires camera access) or test center proctored
- Passing mark: 76% or 46/60 [Please note: Percentage score would only be seen on older exam scores.]
- Price: $125 USD / $95 USD (India only)
Minimum Candidate Experience
At a minimum, the candidate seeking to become certified as a Marketo Certified Associate has
- Introductory-level knowledge of marketing automation
- Three to six months of general marketing experience
- A minimum of 3 months (200-400+ hours) hands-on experience developing and implementing marketing programs using Marketo
- A combination of conceptual knowledge and understanding of the business context of marketing automation and hands-on experience using Marketo
- Participation in on-the-job-training, training within an academic program or through Marketo University
Familiarity with the following technologies and environments:
- Marketing automation tools
- Database marketing
- Analytics and reporting tools
- Project managment
Exam Objectives and Scope
Section 1: Marketing Automation Fundamentals (20%)
- Define marketing automation
- Explain how marketing automation impacts the sales funnel
- Identify key components of marketing automation in Marketo (e.g., engagement engine, database, targeting your audience, creating marketing programs)
- Define buyer personas and how they enhance the effectiveness of marketing automation
- Given a scenario, explain the benefits of creating a content marketing strategy that uses early, mid, and late-stage content
- Describe the benefits of lead scoring
Section 2: Audience Targeting and Data Management (15%)
- Explain how to gain insights into your audience and effectively target them
- Given a scenario, explain how to target your audience using appropriate filtering techniques
- Identify strategies that can be used to generate new leads
- Explain how data is added to the Marketo database
- Given a scenario, demonstrate the ability to align content that is relatable to your audience's stage
- Explain the definition of a marketable lead
- Given a scenario, demonstrate how to market to your audience based on their lifecycle stage
Section 3: Email Marketing Fundamentals (30%)
- Given a scenario, demonstrate the ability to perform a scheduled email send
- Demonstrate the ability to create a gated-content email program
- Given a scenario, demonstrate the ability to create a triggered email based on a person’s web activity
- Identify best practices for optimizing email deliverability
- Demonstrate the ability to use operational and non-operational emails in the appropriate scenarios
- Given a scenario, describe the options for using A/B testing to optimize your emails
- Given a scenario, explain options for personalizing emails
- Demonstrate ability to track and analyze email deliverability metrics
Section 4: Landing Pages (10%)
- Define the types of landing pages available in Marketo and how they can be used
- Identify best practices for creating engaging landing pages
- Demonstrate ability to use the tools in the landing page editors
- Given a scenario, explain options for personalizing landing pages
- Identify methods for analyzing landing page performance
- Given a scenario, describe how to use metadata to enhance search engine optimization
Section 5: Form Basics (10%)
- Define forms and how they are used in online marketing
- Identify best practices for using forms to capture lead data
- Demonstrate the ability to build a simple form
- Based on best practices, determine when to use local vs. global forms
Section 6: Analytics and Reporting (5%)
- Describe the basic reports available in Marketo and what they measure
- Explain how to set up marketing programs to measure desired outcome(s)
Section 7: Events and Webinars (10%)
- Demonstrate the ability to update My Tokens in Marketo
- Given a scenario, demonstrate your knowledge of when to use the event program type
- Understand channels and statuses available for event programs
- Demonstrate the ability to connect a Marketo event program to a LaunchPoint partner event (webinar provider)
Online Sample Test (not available)
The sample test allows you to see the type and format of questions that you will encounter in the actual exam. There is no sign on needed. The results of the sample test are not stored, and do not predict your actual test results.
- Mark your answer in each question.
- Use the link “Send Comments for this Question” to provide specific feedback.
- Click Next on the upper portion of the screen to save your answer and move to the next question.
- You may return and revise your question within the specified time.
- On the last question, click Submit Exam to submit all your answers.
- Complete the short survey. Click Submit.
- Click “Take Me to My Results” to view your sample test result details.
Preparing for the Exam
You are not required to complete training before taking the exam, and training alone will not provide you with the knowledge and skills required to pass the exam. A combination of training and successful, on-the-job experience are critical to providing you with the repository needed to pass the exam.
Additional study materials:
Questions and Inquiries?
Please contact the Adobe Credential Program Customer Support team.
The content of this exam guide is subject to changes and updates. Last update April 2020