weekly school News
** Each week be sure to scroll to the bottom of the weekly newsletter for all kinds of community and extracurricular activities/events (basketball, dance, cheerleading, cross country, etc...)
1. #thankfulThursday: As mentioned earlier this year, we had a large group of staff members who met on several occasions over the summer to discuss our old "Behavior Card." The goal was to find a way to make this a more positive communication tool for our parents and students. This card was created as a scaled feedback tool to provide you with, not only the traditional information you have always received, but also a glimpse into the positive choices and leadership that your child is displaying throughout his/her day.
As we enter the homestretch of the 2018-19 school year, we are asking for your help again. We would like to share with our staff regular, positive feedback from a variety of sources. Please take a few moments and use the link below to provide some encouragement to those folks that are making a major difference in your child's future. These comments can be anonymous, or you can provide your name. The office staff will use the provided comments every Thursday for our #thankfulThursday movement. The attached form can be completed, as little or often as you like, throughout the entire school year. We appreciate your continued support in growing the culture of gratitude that already exists at MIS!!
A few comments that have recently been shared:
"No matter how hectic the day may be, you can always expect to be greeted with a smile from Mrs. Yeager! She is the glue that holds us all together, and we are so grateful to have her as part of our MIS family."
"You would never know that Mrs. Kerkhof is new to us this year! She has blended so well that it would appear to anyone that she is a veteran of our staff. She is professional, compassionate and is always willing to lend a hand. We are grateful to have her as part of our MIS family."
2. PTO News: Next Meeting - May 2nd @ 2:30pm We are looking for interested parents to help our students and staff continue the academic success that we have experienced this year. Board positions as well as volunteer positions are available for the 2019-20 school year. You can be as involved as much or little as fits your schedule. If you have any interest, we would encourage you to reach at to current PTO President, Mrs. Hasty (email@example.com) or Principal, Mr. Whitaker at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to speak with you about how you can support MIS. You may also visit the PTO Facebook page for more information. (https://www.facebook.com/Maxwell.Intermediate.PTO.gcsc.in.us)
Please take a look at the following information as it will better help you understand why having a PTO benefits every child and family at MIS. Please join us Thursday, May 2nd at 2:30.
3. Schoolstore.net: We would like to thank all of you for utilizing schoolstore.net this year to help us raise funds. Through schoolstore.net, we have raised $7600 so far this year. This money goes directly back to our classrooms, intervention groups as well as is used to support our Gotcha prize program. Again, we appreciate your support in using this site to support our school.
4. YMCA School's Out Summer Camp
5. 2019 ILEARN Schedule: We have gotten off to a great start this week. Our students are working very hard, and we appreciate all of their efforts.
This week, testing will begin as close to 8:00am as possible and will be taken in your child's homeroom classroom unless otherwise needed.
Please know that we will have two consecutive blue days (May 2nd/3rd) followed by two gold days (May 6th/7th) to allow us to complete testing.
6. Gotcha Prize Winners: We would like to recognize the following students for exhibiting great character throughout the week. They were selected as our "Gotcha" prize winners this week:
Jack W., Chaille F., Kayla G., Bentley M., Jonathan G., Trevor S., Aidan B., and Andrew L.
7. Field Trips, Chaperones, Taking Students with you after trip: As we begin to near the spring field trip season, we want to remind you that you must have a background check completed and passed prior to going on a trip. If this is not done, you will not be permitted to go.
Once on this page, click the red apply button in the upper right hand corner and then complete the form.
By doing this, it will prevent us from being the bad guy by telling you that you can't go because the form was not filled out in a timely fashion. Thanks, in advance, for helping us out with this.
If you plan to take your child home from school after a field trip, please make arrangements through school dismissal manager in advance. It is too hectic on that day to best account for child safety. Please remember if a child leaves the building prior to the end of the day, this will impact their "perfect attendance" status should they have it.
8. Please find attached the most recent flyers regarding Greenfield-Central HS summer athletic camps:
9. Safe School Alert: SafeSchools Alert is our district's tip reporting service. If you have information about a threat to our safety, do your part and report it. Please remember, you can remain anonymous. Should you have a need to report an issue, please click on the link below for details on how to do so.
10. School Dismissal Manager: Should you still need to sign up for School Dismissal Manager, please click the link below.
Keeping Up With the Latest Information at MIS
Click the button below for more details
MIS PTO Email Contact: MaxwellPTO.email@example.com
- MIS Twitter Feeds (#proud2bMIS, #MISgotchas)
April 22nd - May 17th: ILEARN Testing Window
April 25th: K-Kids Meeting (7:00am)
May 2nd: PTO Meeting (2:30pm - Library)
May 10th: 5th Grade DARE Picnic
May 17th: 4th Grade Famous Hoosier Presentations
May 22nd: Incoming 4th Grade Parent Meeting (6:30pm - MIS Cafeteria)
May 23rd: Incoming 7th Grade Parent Meeting (7:00pm - GCJHS)
May 30th: End of Year Awards (More details/times to come soon)
OPPORTUNITIES AROUND MIS, GC, AND THE LOCAL COMMUNITY