You always don't achieve your dreams fast but never give up and keep on trying until you achieve them.
Leannie and George didn't achieve their dream but they worked hard and kept on saving money which affected their friendship in a good way because they both came more close and started working together in order to achieve their goal and this made Lennie to behave also.
- "All Kin's of a vegetables in the garden,and if we want a little whisky we can sell a few eggs or something,or some milk.We'd just live there.We'd belong there.There wouldn't be no more runnin' round the country and getting fed by a Jap cook." (Pg.57)
- "An' it'd be our own, an' nobody could can us." (Pg.57)
- "I can still tend the rabbits,George." (Pg.65)
- "I didn't mean no harm,George." (Pg.65)
In the story "The Scarlet Ibis" in which the narrator had a dream to teach doodle to walk.They didn't achieve it fast but they worked hard together which made their brotherhood stronger and they both achieved their dream together.
- "I seemed so hopeless that it's a miracle I didn't give up".
- "Within a few month's,Doodle had learned to walk well.Since I succeeded in teaching to walk.I began to believe in my own infallibility.I decided to teach him to run,to row,to swim,to climb trees and to fight.Now he too believed in me so we set a deadline when Doodle could start school."
In the movie Up the old couple had a dream of going to the paradise fall,but the wife passed away.So the husband worked hard by making his house fly by balloons to reach to that fall.After going through a lot of obstacles, he finally achieved his dream of going and living on top of the paradise fall.
I think this everything relate to our society because there are a lot of people who work hard and does fail but they never give up and try to achieve their goals again and again.
From this everything we should learn to never give up on something if you really want it so don't give up on it keep on trying and one day you will achieve it.