- Direct democracy:A direct democracy is when majority rules essential the side with the most votes wins it all. The advantages are common citizens have a say in the government. Disadvantages are votes can be rigged and the minorities are generally not protected, ties can result in disaster. Used in the past by Athens. Used now by Switzerland.
- Representative democracy:A representative democracy is when citizens elect there leader that will represent them in the government. The advantages are citizens get a say in the gov and it quicker than a pure democracy. The disadvantages are the vote can be rigged and leaders can flip on there people needs. Used in the past by? Used now by the U.S.
- Tyranny: a tyranny is when one person controls the whole government. The advantages of this are decisions get done quickly because only one person is making them. The disadvantages are that the decisions probably aren't liked by everyone and only one person has control making decisions means that what he says goes. Tyrannies often end in revolution like in France in the 1700s. Used in the past Persia. Used now by North Korea.
- Oligarchy: An oligarchy is a form of government were a few people control a whole country. The advantages are decisions are made quickly and you get multiple points of view because multiple people are making them. Disadvantages are citizens are not involved in the government and not all peoples ideas are represented. Used in the past by Sparta. Used now by the U.K.
- I believe the best form of government is the representative democracy because every one gets to vote but not on everything like in a direct democracy instead the vote on people to represent them and that creates a almost parliament which allows decisions to go quicker than if everyone voted.
Geography of Greece. Greece is a mountainous peninsula with diverse fauna and flora given that there are lots of islands that make up Greece there are lot ts of natural harbors that are good for trading via sea also Greece has the largest coast line of any European country. The majority of cities in ancient Greece were coastal or near harbor and rivers. This was because the main way to trade goods was via water also Greece was divided by a mountain range and the people of each side of the mountain had very different cultures. This was one of the reasons the Pellopennisian war started.
The religion in Greece was a polytheist one were the Greeks beloved in many gods that were patrons of things like war and hunting. They believed that all the gods lived on top of a mountain in the sky. The things that they did as a result of there religion were they built temples in honor of gods and tried to please them with sacrifices and things honored to them. They believed that if they did not please the god the gods would get angry and do bad things to the earth. They also told fables to explain natural occurrences and to teach people good morals like sharing or listing to elders.
Class divisions/citizenship: The idea of Greek citizen ships is that in city states people (usually native born men with land eventually Athens dropped the land part). in most places women and children even if they were citizens did not have the same rights. The rights that came with being a citizen were they could gather in a agora to choose officials and pass laws. They could vote hold own property and defend themselves in court in return they had to be in the military and serve in-war. The Greeks were very different from other civilizations because the unlike the Egyptians and Mesopotamian Greek citizens weren't treated like subjects. They had a right to defend themselves from the government prosecution and even have a say in the government through voting.
Greek writing: The Greek alphabet looks similar to the English one with the letters having sharp corners and looking pretty simple. The letter a and b look almost identical in English and Greek but letters like z are different. Ted καταστρέφει τα πάντα translates to Ted ruins everything.
- Pottery: Greek pottery included vases which were decorated with scenes of Greek myths there pottery also had a generally red of black or vice versa style. There cups showed scenes of everyday life.
- Greek pillars/columns:: The first one were craved from then they started to use marble in 500 bc. The columns were built in sections and were staked on each other. There were three kinds of columns Doric, ionic and Corinthian.
- Fables: Fables were story that had a more; and for years were a art of Greek oral tradition aesop's wrote some of the most famous ones like the hare and the tortoise.
- Epics: Epics were long poems usually about heroic deeds some of the most famous ones such as the odyssey were written by homer.
- The arts from ancient greece are on of it's main claims to fame largely because of alexander spreading of the greek culture during his global conquest also known as the hellenistic era poems like the odyssey and iliad and fables like the tortoise and the hare are still read by many people today.