SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Each student will receive 100 USD or 7000 RUPEES in completion of the workshop and will be provided with a certification of completion signed by Sarah Annay Photography. In order to receive weekly stipend and certification, students cannot miss more than 3 classes.
Instructor, Sarah Annay, & students at ECO PARK in 2015
WHAT IS PROVIDED: WORKSHOP SPACE AT EKTAR, TRANSLATOR, NOTEBOOK AND PENS, 8 SONY CAMERAS & MEMORY CARD, 2 DSLR CAMERAS & MEMORY CARD, LAPTOP AND HARD DRIVE FOR IMPORTING PHOTOS, SMALL PHOTO PRINTER & PHOTO PAPER
Each week will consist of lessons on laptop (Powerpoint), hands-on learning with worksheets & equipment, photo excursions (outside of workspace) and printing images & critiques on FRIDAYS
- January 16, 2017: Day one: Introductions, Name game, & collaging—WHAT IS A GOOD PHOTOGRAPH?
- Jan. 16-20: Week one: Types of photography (editorial, wedding, photojournalism, commercial, fine art) Introduction to equipment, types of cameras, lenses, memory cards // Activities: Photo scavenger hunt
- Jan. 23-27: Week two: Composition, introduce photographer Steve McCurry. // Activities: Composition lesson & photo walk Bow Barracks to Burrabazar
- Jan. 30- Feb. 3 Week three: Exposure, how to shoot camera MANUALLY, Shutter speed, Aperture & ISO lessons. // Activities: Depth of field lesson, how to expose in different lighting situations, Photo walk in North Kolkata.
- Feb. 6- Feb. 10 Week four: Uploading photos to computer, photo re-sizing. resolution, editing basics (exposure, color correction, sharpening, healing brush) **please note, depending on computer literacy, this may only be provided to some students—others will be introduced to a SELF PORTRAIT lesson // Activities: Editing & printing, photo fun at ECO PARK
- Feb. 13- 17 Week five: Prepare for exhibition, printing & matting at local shop, naming a body of work, artists statements // Activities: Park Street explorations, book store & celebratory lunch
- February 17-18 Photo exhibition at location TBD *please note: we need to find a space for exhibition ASAP
Thank you so much for being part of Vision for Empowerment 2017! I look forward to meeting our students and new partners.
For more information CONTACT: Sarah Annay, photographer & instructor firstname.lastname@example.org OR www.sarahannayphotography.com