Strength and Activities Report Training
Below you will find a step-by-step process written out to assist all new and existing Commandants with uploading their Strength and Activities Report(SAR). Let's first look over a few things before we begin logging you in.
- Are you currently an active Commandant with appointment orders? If not, contact Personnel@cacadets.org before proceeding forward.
- Have you contacted ITSupport@cacadets.org to see if you have a pre-existing account? If not, work with ITSupport@cacadets.org to get an account created.
- Once an account is created, you will be issued a username and password. If you have received both, have you reviewed the digital instructions for logging into your account? If the answer if no, then navigate to the Home Page button at the top of this page to complete the login process.
- After you have logged into your account successfully, then you may proceed to the step-by-step instructions provided below.
Moving forward assumes that you are comfortable with logging into your account and ready for reporting your school numbers and activities.
1. Now that you have successfully logged into your Commandant Tools Account, let's get started with uploading your first roster so we can start tracking your school.
2. After logging into your account, you will look around the page to locate the "Roster" tab. Once located, click on it.
3. Next, click on the drop down menu and select your school that is associated with your account.
4. You will now see there is nothing being displayed for your school. Once a roster has been uploaded, information will show up shortly after.
5. Now that we have our school selected, let us download the Roster Template. Click on the "Roster Template" and save to computer desktop or destination of choice.
Roster template download link
6. Once the template has been downloaded, fill in the excel fields as requested. Please take note that the cadet rank must be written correctly for the system to accept it and report numbers.
7. Once the template is filled out correctly, then click on the "Upload Roster" button and proceed uploading the template roster from its designated location where it was saved to.
8. Once the roster has been uploaded, we now see the cadets and their information(Cadets' Names have been covered).
Results after roster has been uploaded
9. Lets navigate back to the Commandant Tools main page to locate the "Strength and Activities Report" tab.
Strength and Activities Report Link
10. Once you enter the "Strength and Activities Report" page, click "Import from Roster" then "Continue to Activities" button.
Import from Roster and Continue to Activities page
11. Click "Submit".
12. The next window will appear, notifying you that your strength report has been recorded.
Completed/Recorded Strength and Activities Report notification banner
13. Once the recorded notification banner is displayed, you are complete! The true test is to view and make sure your numbers are being displayed on the California Cadet Corps main website under Headquarters > HQ S-1, Administration & Personnel > State Strength Reports(https://cacadets.org/S1/strengthreports).
Total Strength Report Number
14. We are complete! We hope you find this useful. Please feel free to reach out and ask questions if you need assistance moving forward. Email ITSupport@cacadets.org for support.
15. Every August, the rosters will clear and the roster will need to be uploaded from scratch. The months following will only require the Commandant to login, follow step 11 to 14 to ensure proper counts. There is no need to upload a whole new roster. Once the roster is uploaded for the first time, all cadets will be managed individually(Refer to step 8 screen).